Sign in to follow this  
Guest osanmiguel

FMS problems --> arrival and approach

Guest osanmiguel

Hi to all!I've bought the A32X before christmans and during all that time, I have not been able to complete any ILS approach with my A32X. I have installed the AIRAC 0613 from navigraph.com, and I suppose this is not the cause of my problem.But first of all, let's try to solve why my FMS does not let me to enter the STAR once I have chosen the APPROACH I want to fly in my arrival to destination. I can see the STARs when clicking the destiantion page and clicking on the arrivals page, but they do not appear once I have select the approach as I have just told you. This problem also repeates also when selecting the runway for departure, as not all the SIDs appear. I'm talking about big airports in Spain such as LEBL, LEPA or LEMD. There have to be the SID and STAR in my navigation database!!Secondly, my aircraft does not complete any approach. I have followed the tutorial flight from Bristol to the Canaries and nothing. Also, in other airports, the approach is not completed. The aircraft overflyes the runway at the altitude of GS interception. What I do is the next: I do activate the approach phase in the FMS and when descending I click on the ILS switch (next to FD) in order to let the localizer frequency appear in my PFD. What I obtain is the NAV1 frequency, althought is it a VOR frequency, such as 113.30. I select ILS to be shown in the ND, and it does not appear neither the localizer nor the glide slope. I go back to my FMS and in the RAD/NAV page it does appears the ILS frequency with the correct course, but it seems that the Autopilot does not read it.I don't know what to do! I lokk forward for any help from you! Thanks in advanced!Oriol Sanmiguel

Guest vrandar

You seem to be doing most things correctly but you made no mention of two important steps: press the LOC button to capture the localiser then, when the glideslope indicator is one dot above the centre press the APPR button.There have been problems with the 0613 AIRAC - I went back to 0612. It could be that that is causing the problem with your SIDS and STARS. Although do make sure that if you created any flightplans before you installed the latest AIRAC that you delete those flightplans and create new ones.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest osanmiguel

Ok I'll try that way. The thing is that this is the first AIRAC I have installed to the Airbus, so I don't know if it worked in the past with any other AIRAC. If not, I still can wait until the new one is released and see if the problems have desapeared. The terminal procedures that the navigraph.com have, are the ones you recommend?Thanks in advanced.Oriol Sanmiguel

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

5%
    $1,425.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now