Sign in to follow this  
Guest MatteoLIPH

N1% PROBLEM DURING FLIGHT

Guest MatteoLIPH

Hi,i'm new using the pss A330 and A340 and i have a specific question about the N1% during flight.On my first flight (LFPG VOBG),i loaded my airplane, setted the fmc,then i proceed with the taxy and no problems. During take off i noticed that my N1% was at the maximum power with AT engaged at 87%...This value is too low for my flight(at 1000ft/min max speed 160kts..)considering that was a long haul full pax and near the MTOW..somebody knows how i can increase this value?On the fmc of PMDG i can set what kind of N1% i want for the relative step of the flight..At FL300 my A332 were unable to maintain .80Mach and it stalled..Thanks 4 help Matteo PS: i tried now and with FLEX dep 100.2% of N1 the aircraft at 1000ft of VS did not exceed 160kts..it's impossible to climb...

this sounds like you are overweight and/or missing a step in the programming of the MCDU and/or not initiating your takeoff/climb/cruise steps correctly.provide the following information -*which engine version of the A332 (same flight model, but there are a few different displays on the panels)*weights of fuel, cargo and passengers*route (including FL(s))i, and others, will attempt to duplicate your challenges.one immediate suggestion is using Robert Scott's flight models (file name a330-340_fde_v1.2j.zip). these are available in the user edit section of the PSS www-site.of note: the Abus flies differently, and requires different programming steps than a boeing.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest MatteoLIPH

negative sir..it was not on overweight..all ok..ZFW was something like 360000lbs fuel was 145000lbs.The model was A332GE Route was LFPG VOBG(about 4500nm)initial FL310Thanks Matteo

was your route a 'great circle' LFPG VOBG? need to know what SID & STARS and other restrictions. this may be part of the problem as there may be a coding issue with how the MCDU programming is dealing with the AIRAC data.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest MatteoLIPH

what you intend with "great circle"?Direct GPS? if is this you're thinking i say no..SID BUBLI1E BUBLI UG42 LUVAL UL851 EPL UL851 KUDES UN871ALGOI UT23 GRZ UY570 TEGRI UL605 BULEN UP975EZS UG8 ALRAM G208 UMH UL124 KEBUD L124 PG G210BBB R458 BBM W56S BBG DCTAIRAC 6.13thanks Matteo

matteo:i completed the flight as you filed (fyi: great circle route is the term for flying the shortest length from one point to another on a globe -- a straight line is the 'long' way).i climbed with no problems out of paris, and placed three 'step climbs' in my flight: initial FL310, then FL350, and later FL370. had no difficulty in the climbs, nor holding cruise MACH (initially at M0.79 at FL310 at CI of 50; then M0.82 at the later altitudes at CI of 50).160kts is the initial climb speed for takeoff at the weight you defined. was 160kts in the FCU speed window, or "---"? if the display of your Abus was not the later the plane will fly at 160kts until reaching cruise.the standard climb profile for the Abus is for initial climb until 1500' above the runway. at your described weight this was about 160kts. for takeoff you are to be in FLX or TOGA throttle gates until the Abus commands (in the PFD) you to put the throttle in the CL setting. the Abus will the decrease pitch and accelerate to the climb speed (by default: 250 kts below 10000). at 10000 the nose will again drop and the Abus will accelerate to the most efficient climb speed (at the weight you and i flew this was 298kts in CI 50).when you were at cruise altitude what setting did you have the throttle control levers? if not in the CL gate this may have been your challenge.try a few short hops to see if things work. ask questions if there are still challenges.--

MAtteoLIPH you are missing something that I missed myself when I was flying the PSS A330/340. You must press the "+" and "-" keys on the num pad to set your AT to FLX CLB and normal AT. Right after takeoff press the "-" key so you can be in climb AT mode. Your ECAM should say "CLB" then your N1 limit will be around 98%. Also read the tutorial manual as it is stated in that. Its important to read that.check out my previous post http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...2&topic_id=8179

Guest MatteoLIPH

Hi Darian,i tried with + and - to change FLEX,TOGA,CLB but when departing with FLEX or TOGA my speed do not exceed 160kts also if i disengage AT and press F4 for maximum power!Matteo

Guest vrandar

>Hi Darian,i tried with + and - to change FLEX,TOGA,CLB but>when departing with FLEX or TOGA my speed do not exceed 160kts>also if i disengage AT and press F4 for maximum power!>>MatteoPressing the F keys for adjusting thrust is the wrong thing to do - you fly the Airbus using the + and - keys for changing the detents, you never press the F keys (or use the throttle on the joystick) except when taxying. As is pressing the - key immediately after takeoff: you do that at acceleration altitude not before.You are using a joystick aren't you? Just for interest, what flex temp are you setting (for accurate flex temps you need to enter minus figures due to a programming error way back by the developer). Or was it a TOGA thrust takeoff?Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest MatteoLIPH

Hi,i do not use F keys for climb procedure..is the last thing that i do..otherwise my aircraft stall..I'm using a joystick..flex is set to 42

MAtteo your not suppposed to climb with FLEX or TOGA you climb with "CLB"!!!!!!! If you press the + or - keys you will find the CLB config. Also I understand you have to use manual throttle but by applying full power if you were in a real airbus you would probably damage the engines by using full power. I think you need to press the - key either 2 or 3 times to get to the CLB mode.

PSS A32x and A330/340 throttle control -*when ready for takeoff (t/o) increase throttle (i use ) to ~50% N1 (stable).*'numpad<+>' key twice to get FLX thrust; 'numpad<+>' key an additional time (for a total of three) for TOGO thrust.*at the conclusion of initial time (acceleration altitude, ~1500' above rwy) there will be a flashing command in the upper left corner of the PFD (flight mode annunciations section of screen) "LVR CLB". you need to move the throttles into the CL gate: hit the 'numpad<->' once if in FLX t/o; hit the 'numpad<->' twice if in TOGO t/o. when the change is made you will see "CLB" in the E/WD engine display. "CLB" will remain in the E/WD for the remainder of the fight.you will not touch the thrust levers again until Abus commanded "retard" at landing.as asked before, if you post a picture of your panel when the challenge is occurring forum members can confirm settings, and possibly provide suggestions for you to enjoy flying the Abus.--

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.