Sign in to follow this  
fablarto

Full Up or Down Autotrim on takeoff!

I've flown many flights with the A340 with Bob Scott's FDE. Usually I set my TO trim to UP-1.8 or so and it seems to work pretty well. Today I was taxiing and went to set my trim and it was at DN8.0. I adjusted it back up, but autotrim pushed it right back to DN8.0. I then realized I hadn't entered my ZFW and Blk. I did that and the trim went all the up to UP-8.0. I figured I would try taking off, but no can do. Weird. I'm trying again and making sure that I set my weight first - I've never made that mistake before. Just a head's up in case it happens/happened to anybody else.Alden

Guest vrandar

Yes I have come across this before and even had it myself once. I can say for certain that it is NOT caused by you doing anything wrong. I seem to recall that the only way I fixed it was to re-install the aircraft, but I will look through my notes and see if there was an alternative solution.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

5%
    $1,390.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now