Sign in to follow this  
Guest pamago

Gear retraction inoperative in all PSS Airbuses

Guest pamago

Hi:After eons using the pss airbus line with excellent results, after installing pss 757 and 777 I can't retract the landing gear no matter what! It began with the a320 and now all a3xx and the new b757 and b777 are affected also.I even reinstalled the a320 but the problem persists. Any ideas?Thanks!Patrick

Guest vrandar

This seems related to the MS dead battery glitch. We always recommend that you start with a default MS aircraft (Iuse the Boeing 737) with avionics ON and engines OFF and saved as the default flight. After loading that flight change to the Airbus. If you have registered FSUIPC you should also make sure that in the Miscellaneous page the battery life is set to indefinite. If you haveunregistered FSUIPC make sure that in your aircraft.cfg electrical section you enter electric_always_available=1That is normal method of overcoming the dead battery glitch. But even with this method when flying the Boeing 757 some pilots were still reporting problems. So could you try the following: use the Cessna as your default aircraft and make sure that before switching to the Airbus that the Cessna's battery is on and also that the Cessna's Alternator switch is on too.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest pamago

Oh my! I had totally forgotten about this old problem. I'm using a freeware utility that allows you to start "Cold & Dark" every plane you load, no battery, no engines, no nothing!I'll make sure I load the Cessna as you suggest and see what happens.Thanks again,Patrick.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.