Sign in to follow this  
Guest yigit007

controlling a330 / a340 by keyboard

Guest yigit007

is there any way to use PSS a330 and a340 without using a joystick or that stuff?? i know that it will decrease the reality, but i'm using msfs 2004 on my notebook computer and i dont want to get a joystick by now...thanks in advance...yigit

Guest vrandar

Sorry no, you must have a joystick, preferably one with a twist grip for rudder control. But it doesn't need to be an expensive one; mine cost no more than US$25 and has served me well for the last 2 years.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest yigit007

hmm, thanks anyway.. my main concern was that carrying such a big thing (joystick) with my laptop sounded uncomfortable...best regards..yigit

When travelling with a laptop I use a Saitek dual analogue gamepad rather than a joystick. Very light and compact, with all the control and functionality you need. The left joystick controls pitch and roll, the right controls rudder. I don't map the fore/aft axis of the right stick, using up down control for the throttles (the left and right triggers, in fact).Before that I used the keyboard. It is possible, in calm conditions, but I had to adjust sensitivities to get anything like stable control. You really need to swallow your pride and enable autorudder, because keyboard yaw control is almost impossible.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

5%
    $1,300.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now