Sign in to follow this  
Deaf Pilot

Time Stops?

Hey... I just installed the PSS A320 aircraft and noticed a really weird problem... anytime I am viewing the panel, time is frozen. Not just the clock... FS time completely stops. However, in spot view, or even in the aircraft with no panel showing, or when FS is minimized (i.e., anytime the panel isnt showing), time progresses normally. Anyone know what that is about?

Guest vrandar

How richly bizarre! I have just looked back through my database of the last couple of years of support questions and I can't see this ever having been reported. It could be a one of a number of things. My first thought was that it is related to your graphics card. Does it happen with any other addon? (I assume it doesn't or you would have said).The second is that it is the panel/mouse flicker problem. Make sure in your panel.cfg in the PSSAB-Pro folder that the window08 section has the following:Background_color=16,16,16size_mm=2,2position=7visible=1ident=59gauge00=PSS-A320!Server, 0, 0, 1Also, make sure you have the mouse flicker patch installed. It is on the PSS website. It is in the support->product fixes area.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Actually I had the flicker problem even with the panel fix... and I found that reloading the plane solves it... solves the time issue as well. Very weird, huh?

Guest dt1951

In order to ensure the mouse flicker problem stays resolved (provided you have installed the fix), always ensure you start with the default Cessna at the airport, not just at FS start up time. Start FS normally, select your departure airport, select Fly Now so you are at that airport to start your flight, then select the AirBus. Otherwise it's hit or miss on the flicker (you can still get rid of it by going to the view panel menu and select System Use, but that makes it a bit awkward to use).

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.