Sign in to follow this  
Guest beowulf222

PSS Airbus 330: Cruise Speed

Guest beowulf222

Hello,I have a problem with the PSS Airbus 330 and FS2K2. Although I set the cruise speed to be M 0.82 (at FL 330), the aircraft won't accelerate to that speed as soon as I reach the cruise level. The indicated speed remains around M 0.57 if regulated manually; if the computer controls the speed the most economic speed is used.What am I doing wrong here? Any ideas, pointers, etc.Thanks,Nick

Guest vrandar

Just one comment to start: "the aircraft doesn't accelerate to that mach when it reaches cruise level". Nor should it, it should be already near to that mach by the time it gets to the the cruise FL.Another comment: go to the support -> user edits -> A330/A340 area of the PSS website and get the revised A330/A340 flight dynamics by Bob (Robert) Scott. They greatly improve a number of areas of the flight dynamics.Go to settings - realism and make sure that display indicated is checked as it is possible you have display true airspeed checked which is wrong.Also it is very important that you start your FS session with a default MS aircraft with avionics on and engines off, saved as the default flight, then change to the Airbus which can be cold and dark if you wish.And finally make sure you have got your ZFW and block fuel weight set correctly in the MCDU. If that doesn't work come back with details of your flight route, weights, how you start up etc and I'll look at it again.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest beowulf222

>Another comment: go to the support -> user edits -> A330/A340>area of the PSS website and get the revised A330/A340 flight>dynamics by Bob (Robert) Scott. They greatly improve a number>of areas of the flight dynamics.I already wanted to do this, but the file cannot be downloaded.>Go to settings - realism and make sure that display indicated>is checked as it is possible you have display true airspeed>checked which is wrong.That might be the reason. I believe I have checked "true airspeed" ... I will check this and change if necessary.Thanks for these pointers.Nick

Guest beowulf222

>Go to settings - realism and make sure that display indicated>is checked as it is possible you have display true airspeed>checked which is wrong.That was the reason for my despair. Thanks a lot.Nick

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

5%
    $1,455.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now