Sign in to follow this  
brynjames

VOR Ident function A320

Is there any switch to turn the VOR ident on/off?I can use the keyboard CTL+1 or CTL+2 but I can't find the switch on the audio or radio panels.(For some reason the main 89 page pdf System Manual can't be searched by the search function in Acrobat, whereas all the other manual sections can be - why is this?)Oh, and a big thankyou for the Speedbird EGPF-EGLL tutorial flight - I'm wearing out a groove in the sky between Glasgow and Heathrow, trying to learn how to fly the Airbus again.--Bryn

>I have the idents permanently switched off in the FS options>-> controls -> assignments.>Thanks Rob, but isn't it still usual practice for pilots to check the audio ident or is that not done on modern computer avionics on board?Any comments on the manual searching problem - do you find the same thing or is there some setting in Acrobat that I have missed?--Bryn

Guest fullflapsplease

>>I have the idents permanently switched off in the FS>options>>-> controls -> assignments.>>>Thanks Rob, but isn't it still usual practice for pilots to>check the audio ident or is that not done on modern computer>avionics on board?>>Any comments on the manual searching problem - do you find the>same thing or is there some setting in Acrobat that I have>missed?>>-->Bryn747400.jpgHi, Bryn.there is no requirement at all for these codes to be ID'd via morse any longer. It is a historic aviation tool that is surpassed by today's technology.Turn it off, it annoys the #### outta me too ;)Mark.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.