Sign in to follow this  
Guest trulsismann

Problems with the A320 family. Again..........

Guest trulsismann

Hello everyoneI have a big problem with the A320 family autopilot.When i reach cruise altitude, the bus files normal for around 15 minutes until the Primary flight display freezes in a 20-degree nose up attitude. I'm not flying at that attitude, the PFD is just frozen.Then, in another 5 minutes, the plane turns to a 90 degree bank until it loses lift and smashes into the sea...... (poor pax...)Anyone have this same sort of problem, or have the solution?Thanks in advanceTruls S. JohnsenENGM, ENRY

Guest vrandar

Good morning Truls, just to check one point although I'm sure you are doing this, make sure you are starting with a default MS aircraft with avionics on and engines off saved as the default flight at any airport (I use Edinburgh but can't recall why). Then once you have loaded that flight and aircraft - I use the Boeing 737 but have never ever flown it - switch to the Airbus which can be cold and dark if you wish.If so, if you have registered FSUIPC go to the Miscellaneous page and make sure on the left side of the window that "Discon Elev trim axis for AP" is NOT checked.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest trulsismann

OK, I'll try itOne more thing, can i change the time, weather or location before i load the simulator?

>you can load all other things: weather, time, location, date ... and if you also use FS9s flight planner you can load the GPS flightplan. the only thing that must be done is loading the default aircraft in the status noted by rob before the PSS aircraft.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>make sure you are starting with a default>MS aircraft with avionics on and engines off saved as the>default flight at any airport Hello everyone, I have the same problem which has started to occur only recently (but since then in almost every flight). I have always been loading the default 737 with avionics on an engines off and then switched to the A320.It worked fine until a few weeks ago.Some time during flight (it can also happen on short final), all of the sudden, the artificial horizon in the MFD goes into a 20

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

5%
    $1,290.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now