Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogdog1985

Harsh Steep climb rate

Guest dogdog1985

In some Airports' STARs, it needs to level off at several level(e.g. 5000feet under 250 knots for several nm) and then continue to climb to cruise. However, my aircraft always climb at a very steep initial climb rate (over 6000fpm). I am using Load editor, select the right aircraft and input the ZFW, BLOCK (is that in 1000lbs??)in INIT. How can I avoid this situation

i don't know which of the many PSS a32x or 330 or 340 you are flying ... but you are describing a climb with very little weight loaded into the plane. if you are loading 'heavy' confirm this has happened by checking the aircraft's weight after loading FS (aircraft / fuel & payload).the weights on INITb page are in 1000's.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest dogdog1985

>i don't know which of the many PSS a32x or 330 or 340 you are>flying ... but you are describing a climb with very little>weight loaded into the plane. if you are loading 'heavy'>confirm this has happened by checking the aircraft's weight>after loading FS (aircraft / fuel & payload).>>the weights on INITb page are in 1000's.>>-->I have already checked the fuel , payload, but nothing is wrong. And my usual payload is ZFW=373000

Guest vrandar

On your initial climb you need to keep as close as possible to V2+10. One good way of helping with this is to change the pitch trim (use Home and End keys and watch the F/CTRL page on the lower ECAM). It will take some trial and error on your part to see what setting is best for you and which isn't too much to lead to a stall. Usually -1.6UP to -2.0UP is about right.Make sure you don't shoot through V2+10 to a higher speed because if you then engage a/p before you reach acceleration altitude the computers will command a sharp pitch up to bring the speed back to V2+10.But I find on the PSS Airbus that during the early parts of the climb up to about approx FL180 I often use selected V/S mode and enter in a vertical speed of about 2300 fpm. This is particularly true if I am light as it prevents a too steep climb and keeps the rate of climb realistic. I will almost always do this if I have levelled off in the SID to adhere to an alt constraint prior to a further climb; I don't often use managed v/s in this case. That way woorks for me but you may prefer to remain with the managed profile, but in this case you do risk having a slightly unrealistic rate of climb.Hope this helps.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.