Sign in to follow this  
Adrian West

Keyboard shortcut problems in FS2004

I've recently changed from FS2002 to FS2004 (yes, I know I'm a bit behind the times) and reinstalled the A320. I am having problems with the keyboard shortcuts used to open various parts of the panel. To toggle between VFR and IFR panels I use Shift+2. To open the MCDU it is Shift+3. To open the pedestal it is Shift+4. None of these are working in FS2004. I can open the overhead panel by using Numpad 5, but that is the only one that works. I have just checked on FS2002, and the other keyboard shortcuts are working as they should. The only way I can get them to work in FS2004 is through the View menu, but that is going to be a real pain during flight, especially during take off and landing.Is there a solution to this? I have already tried reinstalling the Airbus form scratch and rebuilding the config files, but to no effect.Thanks.

Guest dt1951

Hi Thanks,I didn't have FS2002 when I purchased the PSS AirBus Pro package so I don't know what FS2002 was about. The only thing that comes to mind would be that you download the FS2004 version of it, if you already haven't done that. The Shift+2, +3 and +4 keys all work for me as expected. If you have already downloaded the FS2004 version and still have these problems the best thing would be to contact tech support at PSS. Oh, one more thing, download and install the panel patch for FS2004 to avoid getting the mouse flicker problem. When you start up FS start the flight with the default aircraft then switch to the AirBus. Ohterwise, the mouse flicker problem will probably still be there.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.