Sign in to follow this  
Guest tjf4375

Nosedive on short finals

Guest tjf4375

Hi folks,Firstly apologies if this has been covered before - I've had a look through the forums and can't see anything obvious so thought I'd ask!I'm having a problem with autoland - I've just done a short hop from Gatwick to Brussels, and all went fine until the latter stages of the approach. The A/P held the plane perfectly in the approach (through some pretty windy and wet weather) and all seemed to be fine until about the inner marker, when suddenly for no apparent reason the plane nosedived into the ground. This was really frustrating as I'd done everything by the book until then and it was all ruined!Any suggestions as to why this is happening would be very much appreciated. Until then I guess it's manual landings!Cheers,Tim F

Guest Phoenix5

Hi,Are you running activesky or another addon weather program, and what model was this in, A320/330/340?

Guest vrandar

Sorry, been a way this week so haven't responded very quickly.I doubt it's Activesky, at least I've never seen it have that effect.One thing to look at though, if you have registered FSUIPC go to theMiscellaneous page and make sure that on the left hand side of the screen the entry marked "Discon Elev Trim Axis for AP" is NOT checked/ticked.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest tjf4375

Hi there,Q1: Yes, I am running Active Sky - could this be the problem?Q2: It is the Airbus A319Many thanks for your help,TimP.S. Also thanks Rob, useful info I'll have a go and see if that fixes it!

Guest vrandar

No, I very much doubt it is Activesky, it has never done that me even with strong crosswinds and I fly online with ASV6.5 every flight. But you could try doing the same fight without weather and seeing what the diference is.The fact it is the A319 would not have anything to do with it either.Report back once you have checked your FSUIPC and if it hasn't fixed it we'll look for another solution.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest tjf4375

Thanks Rob. My version of FSUIPC isn't registered so that option isn't available. I've just completed the return flight from Brussels to Gatwick with no problems at all. In fact I disengaged the A/P at a very late stage (just before threshold) for the touchdown but there was no hint of any nosedive up to that point so things seem ok. The only thing I did notice while I was taxiing to the stand was that my horizontal stabilizer was trimmed in a very extreme position (pointing up towards the rear) - would this be part of the same problem?At least I landed ok! This is a great add on, I'm really enjoying getting to grips with it and hopefully I can iron out the niggling problems and do a perfect flight soon.Thanks again for your help and support,Tim

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.