Sign in to follow this  
Guest josh999

X52 and PSS Airbus Pro

Guest josh999

Hi Guys,I have recently just bought an X52 Pro joystick. I fly the Airbus every day and would love to use the joystick detents. One for reversers and then the other (when the stick is forward) to move it into CL mode, then perhaps a button on the stick to click up through Flex and TO/GA.Is this possible at all?Also, can i assign commands such as autopilot (default is the key 'Z') to buttons on joystick? In the PSS Panel Config i can only assign keyboard commands. And it doesnt work in the FS9 key assignments.Many ThanksJosh

HiI also use the Saitek X52 stick but the earlier version and have found that the best way to assign the reverser function to the rearmost throttle detent is to use FSUIPC and calibrate this fuction through the Joystick Calibration tab (see page 39 of the FSUIPC Documentation) where you can specify the position that the reversers will kick in, I must admit that I'm not sure if this function is available in the unregistered version of FSUIPC as my copy is registered.You could also use the Saitek Profile Editor to program any of the Saitek buttons or even a rotary axis (by spliting it into bands) to return a keyboard + or - for the Reverser, Climb, Flex and TOGA settings.As for Climb, Flex and TOGA sttings via FSUIPC, you can specify up to 10 seperate zones within the throttle range to provide a keyboard responce when that zone is either entered of left i.e return keyboard + or - which would be the same as if you had entered this through the keyboard when the throttle is moved through those ranges and would (a) show the throttle state on the panel instuments and (:( move the throttles on the pedestal to the corresponding positions, this bit gets more than a little complicated with the Airbus as for example the Flex N1% setting is not a fixed number, and so this calls for quite a lot of trial and error but it is something I'm currently working on and have very nearly got it to a reliable state.For the autopilot engage/disengage, the standard X52 stick will accept any keyboard command or combination of keyboard commands to be assigned to any button on the stick or throttle through the Saitek Profile Editor and I assume that the X52 Pro uses a similar if not the same software, so I am at a loss as to why your stick will not accept this command, as I have mine setup to control most of the functions in the Airbus using both the Saitek Profiler and the PSS Panel Config utility.So after all the above ramblings the answer to your original questions is yes to both.If you need any further help with setting up your X52 please contact me and I will try my best to help.Jim Hodge

Guest BigJacko

For the detent-throttle problem, if you're looking for a free solution, you could investigate THR.GAU by Jos

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

5%
    $1,300.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now