Sign in to follow this  
hopskip

Airliners should get their own section

I've already posted about this but I want to post again as I did not get a response from Avsim last time. I really think that the file library's FS aircraft should be divided up into parts, like flightsim.com has it. I'm trying to look through the new FS2004 files and they are *already* flooded with all this airline stuff. I think alot of people would agree with me that it would be really nice to be able to browse and search by aircraft type. If anything, just make a separate section for Airliner Repaints. Its somewhat ridiculous to see 30 or 40 airliners for every 5 or so other files, such as GA planes or scenery. Just my thoughts. :)

I'm not saying its a bad idea, but I don't see the problem with the current setup. If you have any idea of what you are looking for, then its really easy to find. Just use the extended search feature! :)

Well the problem isnt finding anything specific... its when one wants to browse through the files but doesnt want to look through the airliners. Not everyone is an airliner fanatic, and I'm sure theres lots of people like me that just like to browse through and see whats new OTHER than airliner planes and repaints, such as scenery, GA planes, etc etc.

I too am a fan of GA aircraft and would like to see more GA aircraft available, although separating the GA from the airlines doesn't seem like a bad idea. I'm not interested in flying the airlines, I'm still a newbie, so for now I'm trying to master the 172 and then work my way up. Maybe someday though. But it would save time searching through the files if they 2 catagories were split up.Just another 2 cents from a FS newbie!