Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

Alas.. is this it?

Hi Bear...Stupid question, I know... but... do the higher frame-rate settingsmake the graphics look better; also, if some people are commenting about not getting more than 30fps., why not just increase the frame rate in the Display settings?I am totally confused about this fram-rate thing :(I have all my details/hardware settings at maximum with frame-rate target set at "unlimited". Does "Unlimited" mean that FS is automatically choosing the best frame rate for you?With all my settings at maximum, I have never experienced a sluggishflight; i.e., no "hiccups", pauses or skips.One or two of my other programs have a frame-rate setting (MS Train, for example), but I still have no idea what it is :(Stanley.

I'll don't care about fps reading...I'll don't use it...Is my sim crystal clear with great graphics and running smooth also in dense 3 party add-ons aria(s)... No stutters... and almost no blurriness (only sometimes in the far distance) Yep it is very smooth :-) with the CS727 for example...Running with all settings maxed out, except for ground shadow (off)/ terrain details / clouds 80%/ ATC 80% / all others are maxed out...XP2000+G4Force 8420S TI4200 128 mb ddr (with faster memory 3 ns 550 mHz as the "old" g4 series)...1 g.b ddr 2700 7200 rpm HDNo over clockingRiva tunerDX8.1Win2K ProRunning FSScene Europe with Europe SP landclassEtc...So what the heck with fps... (By the way locked at 23)Andr

André

>do the higher frame-rate settings >make the graphics look better; No, it would be the other way around (as explained below).>also, if some people are >commenting about not getting more than 30fps., why not just >increase the frame rate in the Display settings? Increasing the frame rate slider will not actually increase frame rates.>I am totally confused about this fram-rate thing :( The frame rate slider is a maximum setting that FS2002 uses to determine how much cpu effort will be expended on displaying frames. If your system is capable of higher frame rates, FS2002 will not try to do so, but will instead use cpu power to do other things, like display graphic details. So if you set the slider too high, at some point FS2002 will sacrifice graphic detail to try to maintain the frame rate you have selected.>>I have all my details/hardware settings at maximum with >frame-rate target set at "unlimited". Does "Unlimited" mean >that FS is automatically choosing the best frame rate for >you? No, this means that FS2002 will always try to run at the fastest frame rate possible, even if this means sacrificing graphic detail. By setting the frame rate at something like 22, you ensure that you get a decent frame rate, but don't waste cpu effort on frames when that cpu effort is better put to use on graphic detail.>>With all my settings at maximum, I have never experienced a >sluggish >flight; i.e., no "hiccups", pauses or skips.You don't say what your system is. But on many systems, FS2002 will run quite smoothly, without hiccups, pauses, or skips, even at fairly low frame rates (say in the teens). But graphic detail may suffer. The frame rate slider is an attempt to give users a choice between frame rates and graphic detail, if the computer is not powerful enough to do both.-Basil

I feel the same as alot of you do. the FPS really means nothing. I do look at it though when I hit the simflyers airports just to see how low they are. I am thinking of upgrading very soon. I am just looking for smooth landings at these airports with add on aircraft.P4 1.3 Win ME512mb ramGF3SB live 5.1