Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

The Vulcan and FSUIPC

Guest sb55mv

Hi,I re-downloaded the Vulcan as norman suggested, and found that I still had to manually fix the contact points on the aircraft.I would have thought that this would have been up-dated by now.the other thing is that when installing the Vulcan, it just over wrote my registered copy of FSUIPC with a much older free version.I got caught out by this, and now have to re-download it, and re-set up all my controls and weather settings and display settings, then re-calibrate all my buttons and joy stick axes again.I feel that this needs addressing guy's.the Vulcan is indeed a superb aircraft, and seeing as it is still available for purchase, I feel that these few things should be put right.Thanks.

Guest NormanB

Steve,The Vulcan may have an older version of FSUIPC packed with it however this wouldnt wipe out controls etc - that was done when you decided to overwrite an ini file when you re downloaded the latest version.Contact points look fine here albeit its not a plane that I would fly - military aircraft don't hold an appeal to me personally.

Guest sb55mv

Hi Norman,Thank you for replying, however, I think that you missed my point.I think the Vulcan installer should have a tick box, much like the airbus series, (that you like to fly so much,) that lets us decide not to install an old version of FSUIPC, and overwrite our Newer version.you were also right about the joy stick axes, they indeed were still there, but needed re-calibrating again.but, I lost all my weather and display settings and button assignments etc. I had no option otherwise here.Thanks,

Guest NormanB

Steve,The installer DOESNT overwrite the fsuipc.ini (the file with your settings) - you would have done that when you reinstalled fsuipc using the whole zip rather than just the dll.

Guest sb55mv

Hi Norman,I'm not going to go on about this because I know we both have better things to do, such as flying all sorts of different aircraft, well, in your case air busses,:+ but, I did install just the .dll file, and I can assure you that it does lose your settings regarding weather and display settings, but not the key/button assignments.But, you DO have to re-calibrate all your axes again in order for them to be more accurate, as you have over written a full paid for version with an older free version, even though the key file, and ini file are still intact.I know this because I just had it happen.it would have been much simpler for the installer to just ask me if I wanted to install the FSUIPC in the first case, like the A330 range etc.That's what I was trying to say, not argue with you at all.and by the way, I have taken on board your points about military aircraft, but you really ought to give the Vulcan a try, it really is a very impressive aircraft to fly, especially by hand, and that sound set is about as real as it can get, I know this from a lot of experience.or is it that you are a bit frightened of taking up a real aircraft Norman :-eek

Guest NormanB

>or is it that you are a bit frightened of taking up a real>aircraft Norman :-eekNo, in fact I remember asking you on VATSIM one night to teach me how to use it rather than having me be a passenger in a huge dart :)

Guest sb55mv

Well Norman,if you still want to know how to fly her properly, then just name a date and time and I'll go through it with you matey,Let me know.kissie,kissie, Steve.

Guest NormanB

>kissie,kissie, Steve.A date you say eh? ;)Steve, at the moment I cant commit to anything, especially with FSX nearly upon us. I do however intend to be able to take you up the offer in the future.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.