Sign in to follow this  
NJ_Flyer

PSS 747/777

G'Day everyone.Is there a way to get the PSS Boeing 747-400 and Boeing 777-200 to work in FS2004? I really want to fly them in FS2004 (they are basicly the only reason FS2002 remains on my HD). Does anyone know if there is a update? tutorial maybe? To help transfer them into FS2004?

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Thanks mate!Guess I will have to wait for a new one to be made...

Cheers,
Ryan

PSS 747 can work in FS 2004 but you will need the FS 2000 gauge version of PSS 747. You can get it from FS 2000/2002 world airliners cd from justflight, or from your original fs 2000 product pss 747.The following procedure is not supported by anybody, note it doesn't work for everyone, for instance myself :'( . But it worked well for several people.- Install the PSS into FS 2004 using the FS 2000 version, DO NOT INSTALL FS 2002 PATCH NOW.- Go to your FS9/Gauges directory, and copy in a safe place the PSS-747.gau.- NOW install the PSS 747 FS 2002 patch. (airfile, and aircraft.cfg from FS 2002 are better for use in FS9)- Ok, you can copy the previoulsy saved PSS-747.gau (FS 2000 version) into your FS9 / gauges directory. This is very important PSS-747.gau from FS 2002 is not said to be FS9 compatible.- Now it's time to edit panel.cfg . (BACKUP THEM BEFORE)Open the file with windows notepad.Look for it into the following directory FS9AircraftPSS-747panel.XX (XX can be the one of your choice : GE / PW / RR , i advice you to edit everyone ).- Into panel.cfg , [view] section, you should read at the end :VIEW_DOWN_WINDOWS=37VIEW_DOWN_DIR=15.0, 0.0, 0.0If you have those in that place :VIEW_UP_WINDOWS=37VIEW_UP_DIR=-15.0, 0.0, 0.0Replace them with the first lines above, that's not right it's FS 2000 version panel.cfg)- We are still editing panel.cfg :Each time you see PSS-744!ButtonHide, write // at the beginning of this line. This will disable each gauge not FS 9 100% compatible, it may crash while panning the view around, or when you call for overhead panel.Example : gauge00=PSS-744!ButtonHide, 1, 1, 1becomes : //gauge00=PSS-744!ButtonHide, 1, 1, 1You should have 8 lines to edit in this way.- Save and Exit- Edit the two others panel.cfg if you want..- Load FS 2004 / Aircraft / Boeing / PSS 747-400 - It will ask you to disable (or not) completely the functionalities of the aircraft because it's not FS 9 compatible>>>> SAY NO <<<<< DO NOT ACCEPT TO DISABLE- All CRT screens load and display, FMC works fine too. Autopilot and auto throttle works too. EFIS display works fines. Everything seems to work, BUT loading the aircraft in FS 2004 selection menu can crash your game on some computers.This process is not supported in any way by anybody. Have nice flights if it works for you.

Sebastien BELLUTEAU

Guest rrohtake

I completely understand;(I, too, have FS02 just for the two planes. I love the package of the PSS, and hope they would come up with another version.Though, Concorde is a beautiful plane!!!Ricky

Sebastien.. thanks mate. I will try that when I get some spare time :)Ricky... I guess we will have to keep FS2002 installed for some time!

Cheers,
Ryan

Sebastien,PSS 747-400I've installed everything in FS2004 as you said,but I have black spaces where the CRT displays should be.What have I missed?Peter Sydney Australia

Guest htakamitsu

I have tried all sorts of method for the 777 and it wont work :(Do you have ways?As for the 744, it works in my FS9 after the tweak. :)

Guest mruane

Hi JohnLooking over Sebastion's suggestion it looks like its worth a try. If I donwload the PSS747-400 2K2 (which is all I see in my My-Files) from the web site, is that version already patched to FS2k2 or is the patch installed seperately from within the installation?If that installation is already patched then how can I get hold of the FS2000 version?The prospect of once again riding the PSS747 is too compelling.

Yeah, the only good panel is the pss 777 one. Sadly the displays are all blank :-(. I do hope a new version comes out. Pss panel + pss sounds + meljet777 = AWESOME pack. And, i am not just saying that :-)

I too have missed being able to use these splendid panels in FS2004, especialy the 777. I used the instructions given earlier in this thread to get the 747 working. I then stumbled on a way to get the PSS 777 panel working in FS2004. I followed the instructions given by Sebastien Belluteau and installed the FS2000 version. If you look in the Gauges folder you should find a sub folder called PSS Gauges which contains a number of PSS_777 gauges which happen to work in FS2004. So long as you keep the original FS2000 panel.cfg files (which refers to them, not PSS777.gau) the PFD, ND and EICAS work. You have to edit the VIEW_UP lines in Panel.cfg as below.FS2000 panel.cfgVIEW_UP_WINDOWS=37VIEW_UP_DIR=-15.0, 0.0, 0.0FS2004 panel.cfgVIEW_DOWN_WINDOWS=37VIEW_DOWN_DIR=15.0, 0.0, 0.0otherwise the "overhead" view will be through the floor instead :-)Of course you can't use the original model and air files, but you can easily alias the panel and sound files with the Meljet 777.These are very early version gauges, so the FMS is limited and I haven't been able to get the lower EICAS checklists and synoptic pages to work. Even in this state it's still the best 777 panel around and usable until PSS can produce a new FS2004 777.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Does anyone use the PSS 747 panel seriously in FS 2004? If so, what airfile and plane do you use? I have big problems with flying it with the autopilot...:(CheersJohan "Whats VNAV?!?!" Adolfsson

Guest rrohtake

Hi Johan,I think we all faced some problems with 744/772 on FS04, even after implementing the suggested modification and went back to FS02 or another panel.I personally still fly on FS02, only for the panels.Happy FlyingRicky

>Does anyone use the PSS 747 panel seriously in FS 2004? If>so, what airfile and plane do you use? I have big problems>with flying it with the autopilot...:( Here is a nice flight report in german on a Swiss FS site, with lots of screen shots including the PSS 747 panel in action with a Meljet 744F in FS2004. Warning: this will take a long time to load on dialup!http://flightforum.ch/forum/showthread.php...ghlight=pss+747Bryn

Thanks for these tips.I now have my entire PSS 747-400 fleet flying in FS2004 with most things working as before (or better).There are a handful of minor things that do not work (cancel/recall and starter switch lights), but these are compensated for by the fact that (with a little help from the Microsoft SDK!) some of the other things work better than in FS2002!I think this is the only aircraft that has been with me for three generations of MSFS now - a true classic. Michael :-)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.