Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

Does anyone else have this problem...

Guest Joshieca

Ok I can't remember if this used to work like this or not. But I thought I could remember when there was a time under the "Create a Flight" area I would choose an aircraft, create a flight plan from airport KXXX to airport KYYY using the flight planner, save the flight plan, and then click on the FLY NOW button, and then FS2K2 would do its loading thing. I then would be put at my departure airport (KXXX), on the ground, with my flight plan loaded and ready to contact clearance, regardless of where my default airport (KSAN) is set to when the sim first loads the "create a flight" section. (See pict below)NOW....I do all that above and instead of FS2K2 loading my departure airport assigned in the flight plan, it goes to my default airport (KSAN) with my flight plan from KXXX to KYYY loaded.Anyone heard/experienced this or am I am just going crazy here?

Guest dogknot

That's how it works for me, so I guess you're not going too crazy! :-lol I'm pretty sure you need to be at your planned departure airport and then load your flight plan for everything to work as advertised.

is checked. If so, try it unchecked.Good luck.Joe L.Philadelphia Hub ManagerCarolina OperationsVN7 Network

Joe Lorenc

Guest The Ancient Brit

Joshieca.When I create a flight plan, having saved it, I then load it. I am placed at the departure airport and runway contained in the plan. Does this help you?Denis. The Ancient Brit.

Guest dogknot

I forgot about the FSUIPC deal. Thanks for that one Joe L.! I always leave it checked so my default flight, 'previous flight', always takes me back to where I left off. Ha! I totally spaced that one. It does stop the repositioning...that's why I always start a flight plan from the departing airport. Thanks again Joe for stepping in and refreshing this old mind. :-wave

Guest Joshieca

>Joshieca. >>When I create a flight plan, having saved it, I then load >it. I am placed at the departure airport and runway >contained in the plan. Does this help you? >>Denis. The Ancient Brit. Thanks Denis, but that wasn't the problem...It was the FSUPIC thing and the no load checked...Thanks a bunch Joe...I knew I could count on AVSIM people to fiqure this one out!![div align=center] [link:forums.jetdoc.com/|Visit The Community Forums][link:www.jetdoc.com/NWS/airnews.html]Live AirNEWS 24/7][/b

Guest Joshieca

>You might check FSUIPC, under the technical tab -see if >No reposition on GPS plan load is checked. If so, >try it unchecked. >>Good luck. >>Joe L. >Philadelphia Hub Manager >Carolina Operations >VN7 Network Thank you sir! :) :) :)