Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

Why am I only getting single line text?

For some strange reason, FS2002 has started giving me only one line of text where there should be a block. Examples are the aircraft description menu on the aircraft selection board and, in the game, my checklists and reference tabs. The latter two, clearly, I would like to see more of than one line! Any ideas? Whassappening 'ere then?Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest dogknot

Hi Mark, Sounds to me like 'wordwrap' for text files has been turned off. At least as far the checklist and reference tabs are concerned. Open one of these in any aircraft folder, select EDIT, and see if wordwrap is checked. If not, select it. In Windows 'control panel' select 'Display', and find Folder Options/View(under Web tab in Win98), make sure the box 'remember each folder's view settings' is checked. This might be a start to helping out(?):-wave

In the General settings there is an option for continuous or single line text. Make sure you have the one checked that you want. Hope this helps.Craig

Thanks, gents. All good advice ... trouble is, having done all that, I'm still getting the single line. It's not that it runs off the page or anything ... I only get the first line. Can't scroll down, there's nothing there, ENTER doesn't jump it down, nothing.Any other ideas?Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Why don't you try moving the fs2002.cfg file to another directory and letting FS build another one. Let us know what happens.Ed

Darn, and I think you are right about FS itself not causing the problem.Which os are you using?Ed

I know what you mean about xp. I only had it for three days. Anyway, why don't you use system restore to a point where you didn't have the problem. If that cures the problem, then reload anything you loaded and try them one at a time to see if any other program is creating the problem. I had one plane that actually changed the font in notepad. I was able to fix it this way.Hope this works.Ed

Thanks, Ed ... but as someone who spends at least twelve hours every day on my computer, for work and play, System Restore is not an option; too much to trace back. You're talkng a hundred documents and a hundred FS2002 downloads, at least; and what's more, when I have tried System Restore, it can do horrible things to your folders within FS2002: BEWARE. No, I shall continue to explore gently, and report here if I ever find an answer. It's the weirdest thing. Thanks for your time.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest panzerschiffe

System Restore won't delete any new files that have been created.From Windows Help System Restore Overview:"Restoring your computer does not affect or change your personal data files"Just make sure they are in your My Documents folder and System Restore won't touch them.

HiI can understand your point. One other suggestion I can make is, check the dates of all the dlls in your FS2k2 folder and also under modules and see if any have changed or maybe a new one has been added that might be affecting the text. I know it's a long shot, but----.Ed

Panzer, it would just be impossible to put everything I do into 'My Documents' ... although I know what you're saying. But I work with all kinds of stuff, and I'm afraid it's not all in there. I have tried it ... I found all kinds of stuff missing from my AIRCRAFT folder afterwards. Frightening. Luckily I had a back up, but I'm still not sure what I lost.Ed, I'll do that too. I have a funny one from that l'il minipanel recently ... it seems to be incompatible with FS2002 ... when I renewed the FS2002.CFG as you suggested before, it highlighted it. You never know.... thanks for your continuing suggestions.Great forum. Tiny problem, massive help.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg