Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Am I the only guy who love biz jets?

Why is it there are so few first class biz jet panels and aircraft? Unfortunately the Falcon 50 is just too much for my feeble old 1GHz P3, so I fly the pathetic default lear, or add one of very few panels which are pretty good, but lacking as GMAX and have no 3D VCs. How many of you really would love a truly first class (and efficient!) biz jet?Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest Vulcho

Me too.I would love to see a Gmax Gulfstream V SP with a good panel. Or a Global Express.Come on! Those eASY cockpits are just begging to be designed (freeware if possible).:DAlex.ERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!

Don't know what you guys are talking about! There is a great GMAX Gulfstream IV that came out recently, that I use in my VA, Mike Stone released the Falcon 2000 also, a Citation Bravo came out that looks good and works fine for BIZ AI, and Eaglesoft (???) is about to release 2 payware bizjets that look like they are full of quality (probably bring that PIII down though. LOL), there are some cool lears from FFG (I think that's the name) and Jorge Salas released a great lear panel not to long ago, along with another I saw in development that looks sweet!Granted there are more 737s than bizjets, but I am happy for what has come out recently, filled my bizjet void for awhile! :-)Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg www.CalvirAir.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

I have a P3 933, 384MB RAM, Geforce2 GTS and the Falcon 50 runs just fine on my system.I mainly fly GA piston single and twins, but I'd love to see a payware quality small/medium biz jet with all the bells and whistles (FMC). I'd also like to see an old Sabreliner done too.

Noel, Nope...in fact I love the Boeing Biz Jet. Go to Boeing's website and check out the INTERIORS of that Business Jet.Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz! It puts to shame a 35 foot Air Stream! That dining table is something else....let alone,the living room and bedroom. Yes folks....all of the above in an aircraft. I just wonder how much a non-virtual costs?!?!?!?!Mitch R.

Guest Jet

I'm in on the Biz Jets and unfortunately the Falcoln bogs me down but I know why...I'm on a PIII 800 machine.Oh well.Hoping the Meridian gets me to the big leagues.

I tried the Westwind, very nice model, looks a little odd the way it is designed in the RW (I've seen a couple at the Addison airport in Dallas), no VC though, so the extra MB are with the add on panel and interior views (which I've replaced with another I like better). Flies ok, worth a look if you haven't checked it out, gonna repaint it and use it for AI, should do great (animation showing! LOL) since it is GMAXI also did a search on the designers name Peter Brun and he has a Falcon 900 he redid in GMAX that I d/l as well, very sweet model, again with no VC, but will look great as AI.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Thanks for the info...I was under the false impression the Westwind had dynamic interior views, like the recent Gulfstream. I generally steer clear of models with static bitmaps for the views--don't find them that realistic since I tend to pan up/down and left/right when flying to scan for traffic.-John

I recently installed a Greem Machine 1.4 Ghz. It frankly has changed FS2002 flight simming for me.I run EVERYTHING at max with the following exceptions.Visibility set at 60 miles rather than at 150. I really see no difference when running FSMETEO.2...I have the ONLY IFR box tagged in the ATC menu.Other than that? FULL BORE Locked down at 16 FPS, I stay mostly at 15.8 DISISGOOD. DISISGOOD!Whatever I run...as long as I'm actually (FS2002) near and or over 12 frames, is smooth animation over topography with decent control surface input. So... no FPS envy.If you have a motherboard that allows for a pentium III already, I'd suggest strongly that you check out PowerLeapwww.powerleap.com....to see if you can upgrade to a Celeron 1.4 , or a Penitum III 512k cache 1.4 GHz.It only cost me $159.95 for the adapter and the Celeron, both supplied by PowerLeap.It's been working flawlessly! I am so VERY satisfied.All I can say..is at 1.4 Ghz...there's no need further at this time to upgrade my system. Again, I'm more than satisfied.Check it out...it might be the best upgrade money you can spend.Hope this helps.-----------------------------------Cheers!Mitch R.

I love flying the biz jets! So far I have a very good Gulfstream 4 and Falcon 50 models, and a Learjet 35. I even fly the default Leaejet 45 quite alot.I hope see a good Citatin 750 X, Citation 560 V and a Beech 400 Beechjet for FS2002 soon. I also ope to see more custom panels for these planes.

Hi Noel,One of the settings in FS2002 which can really bog down performance on modest computers is "Gauge Quality". You can find this setting in Display/aircraft menu in FS2002. Set gauges to "low" quality and this often smooths things out.Secondly, please try setting elevation data slider to less than 20% (you'l just see slightly more jagged edges to mountain scenery but a big improvement in framerates). Also, switch off "detailed textures", as these really only affect airport-based scenery and runway textures.Thirdly, of course there is a "lite" version of the Falcon 50 which we provided for less powerful machines.In answer to your sentence about "Efficient" aircraft, and by this I assume you mean "smooth" running, aircraft with ultra smooth performance nearly always compromise graphics and systems. The Falcon should run reasonably well on any system from 850 mghz upwards, though a system with say 1.4+ ghz and a snappy Gforce 4 card will do a lot better.Kind Regards,Rob YoungFalcon 50 co-designer

I'm running an old PII400 and the Falcon 50 (lite version) is very flyable on my system.Regards,ScottCFII/KJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Thanks y'all for the great info. I knew something was in the works with Eaglesoft (?!) and thanks for the tips Rob of Falcon 50 fame. Actually, the Falcon is fantastic and I have flown it and enjoyed. Some very nice screen shots over Lake Tahoe in winter. Even so, it is one of the more taxing aircraft and I am kind of saving it for my BIG UPGRADE which is coming very very soon. I have been collecting parts for almost two dang months. The mainboard I ordered in Mid December is still backordered--along with all of its racey Granite Bay cousins. My new machine WILL handle everything pretty dang good I'm convinced.Time to go check out some new biz jets :()Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X