Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

two engine start

Is the B777 capable of starting his engines both at the same time?I thought it was possible but not sure about it.

Guest Taylor Dumont

Yes, indeed it is possible for the 777 to start both engines at the same time.Taylor

Guest MD11_FLYER

But they usually dont

I saw it once in EDDF. But I just couldn't imagine. This is the only a/c that is capable of starting all it's engines at the same time.

Guest Midnight LS1

>I saw it once in EDDF. But I just couldn't imagine. This is>the only a/c that is capable of starting all it's engines at>the same time.The 747-400ER can start all it's engines at once too, real powerful APU if you ask me.

Guest MD11_FLYER

It also comes down to having to monitor all 4 engines, which is risky, dont want to hot start a 12 million dollar engine :D

Guest ridejumpfly

B737-700 has a powerful enough APU too. Like they said you usually don't since it can but it will take much longer to get motor power.Justin

Guest ColdBear

United starts both engines at a time in there 777's.

If you autostart engines, they will automatically watch out for hotstarts themselves

Guest Midnight LS1

>If you autostart engines, they will automatically watch out>for hotstarts themselvesThe only thing that the autostart doesn't monitor is the oil pressure. If no oil pressure occurs when autostart is under way, it will continue to start the engine.That's what needs to be monitored when using autostart.

>United starts both engines at a time in there 777's.Exactly. UA was the airline I saw that started both it's engines at the same time.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.