Sign in to follow this  
Guest reload

Still no takeoff at V2

Guest reload

Hey guys,I just downloaded the new release of the 773ER and i still have the same problem as i had with the RC. I program the FMC, enter the CG as obtained on the load sheet, set the trim to whatever value the FMC computes, i make sure that i have full elevetor travel on the FLCTRL page, and yet the aircraft doesn't take off at V2, but at a much higher value (up to 30 knots faster than V2). :( You guys did a great job, but this is really annoying, and i really don't know what i'm doing wrong.. any help ? Thanks,JP

Guest Thelatte

I have a same problem too.

Guest quiet1

More then likely after loading your A/C you are not adjusting the fuel level to compensate for your weight. Also when heavy you will still have to provide alot of pull on the yoke to get her airborne.

Guest MD11_FLYER

Long Aircraft especially twins like the 777-300 and 757-300, CG is very important. Be sure you are within limits and adjust fuel accordingly.You may not be able to rotate at MTOW if you are not loaded properly.Dan Antos

Guest Thelatte

Still.. I have a same problem....Pss Support, Tell me a problem~~~~!!!!!My setting conditionpayload(passengers+cargo) = 86085 lbsFuelcenter 0%left aux 20%left 20%right 20%right aux 20%COG was calculated by Excel fileCG=27.76% trim 5.75I set FMC before depart....

Guest DLM9000

With RC1, if I enter the calculated fuel in the plane and get the CG% from the spread sheet, enter it in the FMC, then adjust the trim to match the FMC, mine takes off at or very near VR depending on the wind. With no head wind, she may be a little sluggish laboring into the air. I remedy this by adding just a little to the pitch control to compensate for no head wind. I know you don't want to hear it, but mine is taking off fine.Are you entering the pitch adjustment on the pedestal?Dennis Mitchell

Guest bigun

One thing. Make SURE that you are loading the default Cessna first and then load the 777. Pretty much ALL the complex add-ons require this to get everything set right. DreamFleet, PMDG and Flight1 ALL recommend this.

Guest Thelatte

Thank you...But still....

Guest reload

Dennis,I'm not sure why you think i wouldn't want to hear that the plane works for you, since i'm trying to get it to work for me, it only means the problem can be fixed. I have tried taking off in all types of weether, including strong headwinds. Still nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, loaded the default cessna, checked the CG, the trim, the elevator travel, and still no takeoff on V2.. ThanksJP

Forgive me if my question sounds stupid, but did you press TOGA after applying full thrust? What values of N1 do you get?

Guest reload

Sure did, right click on the AT switch. N1 was about 101 if i remember correctly, which sounds about right.

Guest CX330_CPA Virtual

Thanks for the report guys...Two things in need from all who are experiencing the weak V2 action:1. What is your TOGW (Itemize please by how much First, Bus, Y1, Y2, and Cargo Pos. 1-5, in Lbs), and fuel %'s by tank.2. CG you enter into the FMC and resulting Trim Setting.3. Take off flap setting4. and lastly, go to airfile, right click it and select properties. Then tell me when was this file created and modified. This will isolate possible leftovers from previous versions.This item has been on the list and it involves editing a rather very complex table in the air file (for those who know its TBL404) My table consists of about 60 points on a Tangent / Quadratic curve which I have to recalculate and re-tweak. So why I am telling you? Its because since the last Saturday I

Great, Eugene. I have seen an improvement in the nose pitch on approach, which I find better and more realistic; however it

Guest reload

Thanks for the helps Eugene :)1)TOGW 552029 lbs First: 3960, Y1 19440, Y2 19440, Crew 1080, cockpit 360, cargo 1-5 is 2316, 6952, 6952, 11027, 1325 respectively. Fuel is 0% center, 30 % main left, 30 % main right, 100% left aux and 100% right aux. 2)CG 30.86%, there fore i enter 31, trim 4.75.3)Flaps 154)FDE file created on 11/3/05 at 11:38:42 AMThanks for all the hard work ;)

Thanks for the info Eugene...much appreciatedGood luck for testing !Best RegardsThomas

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.