Sign in to follow this  
Guest spiers

GPWS & master caution sound

Guest spiers

Hi, ive got the PSS 777 and was wondering if you could change the Master warning/caution sound? Its very loud and is normally the same for each warning, such as when the AP disconnects why doesnt it keep saying autopilot instead of that high pitched sound which is currently in place? Ive tried replacing them but dont know where the Master caution sounds are kept, they are not in the sound.config file. Ive changed the Overspeed warning and stall warning to sounds i prefer, its just the master caution is annoying and far too loud, is there any way i can change the sounds for it? Maybe even give it two or three sounds for different situations such as the too low airspeed and the AP disengage?Thanks.

Guest Phoenix5

Hi,The majority of sounds are hard coded into the gauge and as such can not be changed by the user.regards,

I'd like to second that. I assume that it can't be much of an effort for the developer to remove or replace a few wav-files. And if that really shouldn't be possible, please consider including an option to DISABLE all callouts, so that we can let PMSounds take care of that. For a lot of users, realistic ambient sounds are a major factor for the overall experience. Interestingly, both your 777 and 747 for FS2002 have correct sounds, and so does the competition.So that's my last minute wishlist for the upcoming patch (and NO, this is not exactly a 'new feature' request ;-)) PSS, does anyone copy...? Regards,

Guest spiers

I agree. if i jet doesnt have gpws i probs will fly with it once then leave it. I might leave the 777 aswell though, Its good but the AP disconnect is really annoying and has the same tone for each problem which isnt right. I thought i would of been able to edit a text file somewhere so i could play whichever sound i wanted, but apparently not. I also HATE the altitute AP on the 777 is doesnt work with any flight plans and just wants to level off at 10,000 feet every flight its soo annoying and stupid, no other jets fail to work with FSnav, ive even loaded the plan into the FMC and it still loves the 10,000 feet, im clicking the cruz alt button but its not selecting, its just soo poorly constructed, not saying the 777 just any FMC in general, the default gps and nav were much simpler. Bet it takes pilots ages to figure out how to use it, your manual on it is over 30 pages!

Guest Pro-Sim

This 'sounds' issue has been raised many times.As people have said, you'd have thought PSS would by now have proved they listen to people and have put out a basic patch to replace these awful "Airbus Pro 2002" style sounds with something more in keeping with this level of add-on (and price range).Fair enough the FDE patch may be taking longer to fix but how long can it take to source a couple of different sounds and put out a download that replaces them in the plane ?Just not good enough in my view - feelThere are putting patches out every week for the 737PIC, not because it's bad (it's really good) but because they take on board the "quick fixes" and get the sorted "quickly".That's just not PSS style, I think Graham run's too proud a ship and that will be the downfall as FS development is changing and is at last becomming more customer-centric. Norman does a superb job at customer support but I just don't think he has the back-up from other people to make good his promises and constant requests for more time.The "soon to be released patch for the PSS 777" is becomming a bit like Lord Lucon (or however you spell it)... a bit of a joke really.I bought the 777 on the day it was released and still don't fly it because it just is not up to standards in my view. The FS2002 Sounds as mentioned in this thread are not good enough (the engine sounds are great but why are PSS pig headed abut having NO cockpit ambience sounds, and in keeping these awful FS2002 sounds), and the FDE is still awful for hand flying the plane.I was gobsmacked that PSS put this version of the 77 onto CD with Just Flight. I just think that was greedy and wrong. It's not just that it isn't up to PSS (or Just Flight) CD standard, it isn't upto ANY published CD standards with the current FDE issues.Sorry if anyone doesn't like this posting but I make no apologies for the views contained. I have no reason to dislike PSS. I have defended PSS on many occasions on this forum since November but I just felt it time to air my true thoughts.Very much look forward to the 'iminent release of the patch'

Guest NormanB

Despite the lack of name to the post, I'll run with this for you..>Just not good enough in my view - feelThere are putting>patches out every week for the 737PIC, not because it's bad>(it's really good) but because they take on board the "quick>fixes" and get the sorted "quickly".Thats the way that particular developer does it. I am on record already saying we don't do micro patches. Too much time would be spent fire fighting with someone thinking that their "issue" was more pressing than something else just fixed.A number of us have been flying the patch for a few days and (I never had any aside from tcas/enroute times) all is looking good. >That's just not PSS style, I think Graham run's too proud a>ship and that will be the downfall as FS development is>changing and is at last becomming more customer-centric.Graham writes the cheques. Graham is the boss. But Graham listens to his team closely. Simply put, he knows there is no "I" in team so in that respect you are completely incorrect.>Norman does a superb job at customer support but I just don't>think he has the back-up from other people to make good his>promises and constant requests for more time.Far from it. Like Graham though I am only one member of the team. I wouldn't be here at the front if I didn't think I was getting the backing. Its as simple as that. I do however appreciate your kind words.>The "soon to be released patch for the PSS 777" is becomming a>bit like Lord Lucon (or however you spell it)... a bit of a>joke really.Its Lucan, and you are entitled to your opinion. It won't make the patch come quicker though ;)>The>FS2002 Sounds as mentioned in this thread are not good enough>(the engine sounds are great but why are PSS pig headed abut>having NO cockpit ambience sounds, and in keeping these awful>FS2002 sounds), They are not the same sounds from our earlier package. Ever stood up in the pointy part of a 777? Pin dropping quiet.>and the FDE is still awful for hand flying the>plane.I'm a great fan of Formula 1 motor sport. Recently Red Bull Racing have hired some of the best names in the industry. I follow that ethos closely and our new FDE guy builds planes with that in mind. He is one of, if not the best name in FDE work.>I was gobsmacked that PSS put this version of the 77 onto CD>with Just Flight. Firstly PSS didnt put the 777 onto CD. Contracts for such jobs are signed at a very early stage in development between developers and companies like Just Flight. They then book time at CD presses, have boxes produced and whatever else it takes to get a product to store with marketing, etc. That is *all* down to the publisher. >Very much look forward to the 'iminent release of the patch'Not half as much as us so we can finish the 757 which has been in development for many months already.

Guest vcom

>Hi,>>The majority of sounds are hard coded into the gauge and as>such can not be changed by the user.>>regards,It's all the same answer, but you know that

>It's all the same answer, but you know that

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Guest vcom

>>It's all the same answer, but you know that

at the risk of dead horsey syndrome...the original issue Norman - Will the hardcoded Airbus sounds remain as they are?edit - actually it's just the a/t disconnect 'cavalry charge' that's Airbusish now that I recheck - unless of course the T7 does in fact use this sound?regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/markrey/lsd2.jpghttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest NormanB

Mark,All points are valid. I will check on the sounds and get back to you.In short though if it is incorrect it will be replaced.

First of all: Very well done, PSS! Took my -300ER for a pattern at KBFI and I must say that I'm quite impressed with FDE and panel. However, here are some observations: Did Boeing recently buy avionics from Toulouse or am I missing something? The GPWS ground prox callouts are definitely Airbus-style. As for the RA callouts, the 50 feet announcement is missing (airline option maybe?). And the master caution wailer doesn't seem right to me, either. Unfortunately we can't change any sounds as they are hardcoded into the gauges as far as I can see.Minor things, I know. But maybe they're easy to fix then as well ;-)Regards,Holger Seilz.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.