Sign in to follow this  
Guest iandavid

Repeated failed download file 8 of 9

Guest iandavid

OK so I patiently waited for the proper release and all goes well until I get to file 8 of 9. The download keeps failing at around 4.2MB.I've disabled Norton, Windows firewall etc but this hads now happened 7 times. I've given up!!Downloading at 02:20UTCPaul Gardner

Guest quiet1

pop up blocker , anti spyware , also when you download I would not touch anything or browse the web. Also the servers are pretty slow right now I am on 7 meg cable and it is slow lol

Guest MD11_FLYER

I cant even get file 1 downloaded and have everything shut off

Guest iandavid

I'm on 100MB/s and the download speed is fast. Everything is turned of but it keeps failing at 4.25MB in file 8 of 9.:-mad

Guest MD11_FLYER

I wish we could have a time slot so that we dont have to waste all night trying to download when the server is clearly overloaded.

Guest iandavid

Yes this has got me really annoyed. All the hype about pre-order and you can get it early!!!The only thing that anyone got early was PSS, who got my money.All we need now is for some smart arse to say "well I got mine OK"!!!!Paul Gardner:-mad

Guest MD11_FLYER

Why didnt they assign slots instead of having hundreds of people trying to download at the same time? I mean that was my biggest concern was the server overload. I just spent 4 hours, got to 10MB downloaded on the first file and it failed again after 12 attempts, Im out of ideas.Dan

Guest iandavid

I'm downloading at a fast speed so I can't believe the server is overloaded. (06:40UTC). Looks like its a problem with the file!I'm downloading the multi-base pack and it always throws me out at exactly the same point. File 8 of 9 at 4.27mb of 9.34mb.I've been trying for around 7 hours and I can't get past this pointPaul Gardner

Guest NormanB

WHat is the error you are getting?As you say, the server isn't under pressure because of this staged release.

Guest iandavid

I get to 4.27mb of 9.34mb (file 8 of 9 on the 777 multidownload) and it just comes up "download failed" and aborts.Files 1 - no problems, can't get past 8. Redownloaded the exe file and did a new download without FSUIPC or NAVDATA and it then failed at the same point, but this time on file 7 of 7.Paul Gardner

Guest NormanB

Paul,I just checked the files by downloading and installing here and am sorry to say they worked without a glitch.Please email support and lets see if we can get you in the air today.

Guest MD11_FLYER

I finally got it working by selecting and downloading only the first 5 files and then going back to download the rest so Im all set up now. Dan

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.