Sign in to follow this  
Guest johnlaroux

Resetting CDU for another flight?

Guest johnlaroux

When I make a flight from one airport to another using the CDU, everything is fine until I try to enter another route. Upon landing at the destination the CDU states that the route has ended but when I go to enter another route it wont let me enter the departure and arrival runways. I can get the Origin and Destination airport codes in but not the departure and arrival runways. Is there a way to reset the CDU so I dont have to close FS9 and start over fresh when I want to fly to another airport?? Thanks, John

Guest Midnight LS1

I'd like to know this as well.

Guest johnlaroux

I found if you change to a default plane like the cessna then back to the 777 then the CDU will reset without having to close FS9. John

Guest sb55mv

Hi Guy's.just type in the airport you have landed at now, and enter the info in the Pos Init line, then type in the name in the Dep Line, you will find that the FMC then starts a new route sequence for you.ie, if you took off from EGBB and landed at EGKK, then wanted to fly from EGKK to EHAM, all you do is re-enter the EGKK in the Pos Init Line, then select EGKK as dep airport, then continue as normal.works every time for me.and, I pretty much think that this is how it's supposed to be.hope this helps in some small way.

Guest johnlaroux

I tried that and can get a plan put into the fmc but it still only lets me choose the departing runway but not the destination runway.It would be nice if this fmc had a reset button like the airbus planes. John

In addition to the CDU not resetting, the flight modes do not reset. The plane will remain in Go Around mode and the Autopilot Disc message will not remove from the EICAS. I have yet to find a true way to reset the aircraft modes except by just reloading the same aircraft from the airplane menu and having to go through the entire startup procedure from cold and dark.

Chris Lezama

Guest sb55mv

Hi,did you all make sure that you disconnected not only the AP Bar, but that the AP button was not lit up, and that the autothrottle - flight director - appr - loc speed/alt buttons were not lit up as well.I don't mean to sound patronising, but, we sometimes do miss the obvious :-eekI site for example, a guy who complained that he could not get ground power back after landing and shutting down, Robert asked him if he had applied the parking break,:-hmmm this was the reason he could not get the power,:-grr once he had set the PB, all was connected.and just for you're info, I am constantly missing things, to be honest, I have problems with anything over five minutes :+

Guest johnlaroux

Thanks for the advice I will try again with those tips in mind. John

Guest johnlaroux

Well I tried setting up the fmc after landing, making sure all the AP buttons were off and still the same problem.I noticed that the fmc is real sluggish when trying to program it after a completed flight. Oh well cant expect too much for the cheap price I paid for the aircraft, as I got it for the 25% off (smiles) John

>In addition to the CDU not resetting, the flight modes do not>reset. The plane will remain in Go Around mode and the>Autopilot Disc message will not remove from the EICAS. I have>yet to find a true way to reset the aircraft modes except by>just reloading the same aircraft from the airplane menu and>having to go through the entire startup procedure from cold>and dark.Cycle the Flight Director switch off then back on. This should clear all MCP modes. Works for me.I don't like the sound of having to cycle through the default Cessna then back to the 777 to reset the FMC. :( I have had problems with this. On occasion the route has ended prematurely for some reason, and I have been unable to create a new route to the destination, just like PSS Airbus Pro....Kevin H

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest johnlaroux

Well............since there is no solution for the fmc not working properly I guess its back to level-d and PMDG. I see no effort or answers from PSS. Ill have to send my plane to Tucson to the bone yard. John

>Well............since there is no solution for the fmc not>working properly I guess its back to level-d and PMDG. I see>no effort or answers from PSS. Ill have to send my plane to>Tucson to the bone yard. JohnWhoa! When was this bird released?? I'm a big Level-D fan, but even those guys had to send out two patches before everything was fixed

Rob Simmons

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.