Sign in to follow this  

still no lights in VC

I just downloaded the new version and I still cannot get the VC to light up. The 2d panel lights up fine at night, but the VC is still dark. Only the FMC actually glows green when I adjust the lighting. Help!

I second this issue. No internal lights in the VC and no landing lights/taxi lights visible out front. Also no beacons/strobes/nav lights showing on the external model.Am I missing a file(s)?The above notwithstanding, let me say that the aircraft is a joy to fly and is automatically in my top 3 based on just one 2.5 hour flight.Well done PSS, naysayers and the rest aside, this aircraft has firmly and deservingly pushed you back into the Flightsim limelight, long may you stay there!Cheers

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

bumpThis issue kills it for me since I only fly in the VC.Any help would be appreciated.

yes and they work fine in the 2d cockpit, not in the VC. nor can I see landing or taxi lights from the VC

Not sure if this applies here, but I can replicate this time and again by not loading the default Cessna flight properly.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest JosephSpracklen

Hi Alex,Did you have the previous release candidate installed? I ask because I had exactly this problem in the RC. I uninstalled the RC and installed the new one and my lighting is fine now.So I suggest you uninstall you new version and this time go into the FS folder and delete any left overs. When I uninstalled my RC there where still one or two folders left and I am sure that these may cause problems. So your new product may still be using old files from the RC, this is what it sounds like. So once you have uninstalled it make sure that no files are remaining in the FS folder (Aircraft and PSS sub directory) and then try installing it again. Should work.Hope you get it fixed!Joseph

I never have to load the cessna, I have a saved cold and dark flight using the default cessna, but in the main menu I change to whatever airplane I want to fly in then select fly now. Never had to load up the cessna first and then switch aircraft, why would I have to do that now?

After work tonight I will try that suggestion, thanks Joseph

Hey man I didn't build the airplane, I'm just relaying what works and does not work for me.I can create the exact issues you mention by not doing it as prescribed.

Regards,

Brian Doney

John can you post a screenshot of what the VC should look like at night???

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

lights are at 8I will reinstall when I get home in a few hrs

Guest Daniel Pimentel

That's great, but what about sunset? Having green lines instead of white ones on the main panel actually makes it harder to read (on the VC), and since the VC reaction to sunsets isn't immediate, this is what happens. Try finding a switch in that overhead.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/132462.jpgPLEASE add a floodlight, folks. Every other respectable group has a flood/dome light on their VC's, I don't see why PSS should be the exception to the rule. I love this plane, but little things like this and having no reflective windows make this VC come short in comparison to competing products. I don't think getting some light in the VC is asking too much.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.