Sign in to follow this  

still no lights in VC

The dome light doesn't work in the day?Please PSS fix that!!

Seconded!My inaugural was from Bangkok to Hong Kong on dusk and it was a mission to see anything on the overhead.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Alex,Before you reinstall, please try to load your default Cessna as suggested before, that will save your day. This comes from your default Cessna situation (battery and avionics)and for that PSS does not differ from the other sophisticated addons existing, you must load your default MSFS plane first. Alternatively if you have hardware with commands for battery and avionics, then you have to make sure that your battery is active on your hardware (switched on).Happy landings.

Guest shnewsman

for some reason, i don't seem to have this problem. my VC lights up fine at night...both backlighting and floodlights. my flight is saved cold-and-dark and not from the default cessna.sean hall

Guest quiet1

I don't have this problem either

I've never had to load the cessna first before flying any airplane and don't see why I would suddenly have to now?

Guest quiet1

Alot of aircraft out there including payware suggest loading the cessna first . Especially to get the aircraft into certain procedures or Cold and Dark situations. Some would even say start with your default flight which should be in KSEA with the cessna on the active. As PSS has stated before alot of aircraft problems are associated with having the default flight messed up or not having one all together. It doesn't have any effect on FPS or Ram to start with the Cessna and then switch to your current A/C

I am confused, I have my default flight saved as the default cessna... but I never have had to actually load that cessna in the game then go to the menu in-game to change aircraft like some have suggested.

no luck, still no lights in the VC.I had the same problems with the A330,A340 series for some reason. Not sure if this is relatedBut I also do not have any strobe lights, nav lights, beacon lights.Anyone?

don't see the landing or taxi lights either.Without these working I can't even get off the ground when I fly real time at night...

In FS2004 Display settings, under Aircraft tab, make sure "Landing Lights" box is checked, and in the Hardware tab make sure "Transform and Lighting" tab is checked. I recently saw a problem where the Captain Sim C-130 lights didn't work, and it turned out to be that something had changed that first setting.If you didn't try loading an unmodified default aircraft first and switching to the 777, then there's also no way of telling what strange electrical bus or lighting settings are left over and being loaded from the last.flt file.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hey guys,Is there no 2 stage lighting in the T7? I would love to have the glareshield lights off but the instrument lights (green lights) on. I don't know if the real T7 does that but on long night flights sometimes I like the glareshield lights off.Any ideas?Thanks in advance,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

So I looked at the known issues topic and this was not in there, can someone help me figure out whats wrong? Would this have something to do with my default saved flight using the default cessna but having the battery switch off?

I have had discussions today with John and he has given a list of all files installed for the 777 and their respective locations. I'd suggest uninstalling and removing all the files as listed then reinstalling. I'm trying this tonight as it's my only hope, I do everything else 'correctly' as per the suggestions made by other users and PSS themselves.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.