Sign in to follow this  
Brian Doney

2 issues...

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/132377.jpg#1 - If you'll look at the CDU, specifically the ETA, I believe you'll see that something is obviously not right. Unless the 772LR is equipped with a flux capacitor. At the start of the flight, I noticed that the ETA was way long, stating it would be almost 15 hours from KIAH to KEWR, but then as the flight progressed I noticed it slowly ticking down from there. At first I thought it might eventually settle in at a more realistic time as I got up to cruise and settled in at speed. It did not, and is continuing to count backwards, now through 2000z, as I post this.#2 - If you'll look at the ND, you'll see a TCAS target displayed, that does not exist. This is an offline flight, with absolutely no traffic in the area, of this I am positive. In addition, this target will always remain at the same altitude relative to me, regardless of whether or not I climb or descend. I saw this in the RC1 package as well. Eventually, they just dissappear, but there weren't an aircraft there to begin with, I don't think.EDITED to add details.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Ok, to maybe help you track this one down...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/132378.jpgIn the first shot I posted, you'll notice the FMC is still calculating a step climb point, with the ridiculous back in time ETA.In this shot, you can see that the FMS has now decided not to step, and the ETA looks much more reasonable.Hope this helps.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest Steve_Park

John, You say "This" is a known problem, do you mean all three of "These" known problem's, or just the FMC caculating problem. I notice that his phantom TCAS target is in a different location from my "Online" ghost target.Steve Park

Guest Phoenix_7

ETA calculation errors is on the problem listTCAS online does not work with the curent release and should be fixed with a patchJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Just another bit...I just set up the exact flight, same wx, etc.Seems that modifying the "STEP SIZE" causes the error for me. I had modified it for 2000ft steps last night. Just tried it again and sure enough, crazy ETA. Deleting the entry, reverting back to ICAO, all is back in order again.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.