Sign in to follow this  
pilotpm

I am very,very very disappointed

Hi PSS !! ;( I am very,very very disappointed............WHY?The jumpings at cruise ( AP )are still alaive in the V 1.0There was a lot off treads about that,i`m shure you saw them.It`s still the same as in the 330/340. Please give me one answer:How come it is not possible for you to let the Birdfly very STABLE at cruise mode ??? :( ( Cause this planes are long reach planes,that meansyou not allways have the time to fly 12-20 hours at normal time.So you have to put the Speed to 2 or 4 times.And there the jumpings are doubeling.But not only that, you can see that in normal speed aswell.)Sorry can`t understand that.............Other Developers have no Problem with that.Very angry now cause i don`t now for what my wait was for,it`s still ths same as it was in the Pre-Release. :-mad :-mad Mario G

Guest NormanB

Mario,During testing we had it very stable at 8x. Some were able to get 16x. I flew one such flight from Sydney to Denver in about 3 hours.How does it fly at normal speed?

Guest 747 FO

When I press the Shift+Z and watch the altitude, there is a continual variation of altitude, say +/- 5 to 10feet. Pitch goes up and down continually, never stable. It has something to do with autopilot's logic, the way it is programmed by the developer. The flight director moves that way so the autopilot follows. If the wind blows a little, pitch starts to yo-yo because the flght director yo-yos. Maybe system-specific? Cause my computer is not your computer? Also when I reach the Top of Descent, the speed does not reduce enough so that the pich altitude points below zero to initiate descent. I raised this point several days ago, but it happend again. I don't know what to say. Best RegardsDavid

Real autopilots don't keep a real airplane steady to within tolerances of inches though. Deviations of a few feet from the MCP target altitude at times wouldn't be entirely out of the ordinary I'd have thought.Put it this way: The pressure difference between 30,997 feet and 31,000 is minute. Even the best instruments available would struggle to make a precise enough reading to command an airliner to maintain *exactly* 31,000 feet +/- 0 feet.From a simming perspective, having an altimeter and airspeed tape that don't move one pixel at cruise is actually less realistic. In fact, slight deviations like this make the whole experience seem a little more 'organic' and a little less robotic and... well.. simulated!Speaking of such matters, one of the main things I love about another of my add-ons are the realistic engine readings during startup, the spool up and down times are in the order of 30 or 40 seconds. The engines are often still turning over at around 5% N1 as I complete my secure checks. One thing I would like to see in the (already brilliant) 777 is some refinement to this area.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi all !...PSS ! :-)not to be rude .............but pretty shure it isn`t system related.Think has sometthing to do with the AP code or else.Not flaming here on Alex, the Autoland now is superb...The ( at AP flight Vnav )autohold on 240/10000 is still very rudeallmost as it was before ( at last point trying reaching 240 knthe nose pitches up very hard again, that looks quit funny,but isn`t realistic at all. :-( Norman: :) at normal flying it isn`t to bed but it is still there;if you watch from the outsideyou can see the slowly jumpings better.And shure if you push the speed you push the jumpings too.ANOTHER:If you want me to Betatest, if you try to solve this Problem( what i`m hope very mutch )in future Gauge builds ,let me know.For long years ago i Beta tested something gauge related for Dreamfleets 737-400 ( FS 2000-FS 2002 ) too.If i can help i will do. :D CheersMario G

I am also getting oscillations with my current flight around the cruise altitude. Thrust is constantly back and forth and pitch is up and down quite a bit.However, I did not load the default flight first and simply loaded a PSS A330 first and then brought up the 777. I wonder whether this is causing my problem.I do not actually have a default flight. I don't even have the cessna on my system anymore. So, as an aside, I'd be really grateful for a recommendation for a default flight given this set of circumstances.Cheers,Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Check your controller sensitivities... If you have noise in your controller it will cause the behavior you are seeing. Save a flight in cruise if you have to, then disconnect your joystick and try to continue the flight. If the oscillation goes away, it is your joystick. Otherwise, check trim levels, make sure your CG is set and correct. For those of you having issues, what are your loads, your CG, your speed etc... You just come on here and complain but provide no useful information. Come on people!!!!AND PLEASE stop comparing developers...it is absolutely ridiculous already!!! You people act like every other developer who put a payware airplane out there got it perfect on the first try. Some people are so quick to forget the issues we go through with pretty much every single a/c released. How many payware a/c do not have patches for problems found initially????Seriously people, if you expect FS and FS payware to behave like any other product you buy then you are in the wrong hobby. If you can not realistically and patiently deal with the fact that you have one piece of software running on thousands of machines and it is going to behave differently for different machines then just go find a more predictable hobby...That is my .02, I am tired of the complainers (not singling anyone out) who want everything right away and have no patience when something does not work for them first time... And to give you an idea, I paid 54.95 for a certain payware a/c that crashes with memory issues every D*mn time I try to fly it but that is just part of FS. So yes, I have issues too, I just understand that is going to be part of this hobby...-PaulEdit, just to make it clear, I do not have an issue with people having problems, I have an issue with the way they express it sometimes!!!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Very satisfied over here...thanks PSS!!!! :)But just for the record: mine (300ER) seems also to fly "bumpier" than maybe intended...almost got seasick ;)Best RegardsThomas Lejeune

Guest gber

Yep, I get the oscillations at normal sim speed, at cruize alt (FL260) and during decsent. Curiously, she is solid as a rock during climb out.Hope this can be fixed soon, because it is annoying.Otherwise, congratulations on a fantastic job. I'm sure you gauys set some kind of speed record.Best regards,Gaylord Berry

Hi Paul ! :-)i`m very sorry i`m bothering you.........Just telling that to give the Developers a chance tofix things who not working right.As we see at the posts , here are a lot of peoplethat don`t likeing those up and down jumps.And i think as better the sim as better PSS can deal with theproduct.> And to give you an idea, I paid 54.95 for a certain payware a/c that crashes with memory issues every D*mn time I try to fly it Sorry that`s not my fault.But if you not tell these things by forum or E-Mail to the developerit never can be better. :D Maybe you have to wait for the upcoming update.Cheersand anyway happy flyingMario G

Guest abaragones

Life is to short to be 3 times "very disappointed" because of an addon. Hope you are young!

Guest lalo lolo1

I have a lot of bumping, but when climbing at high altitude only. Say, I am at Fl330 and climb top FL390, I go all the way up, up and down. As soon as I reach cruise again, 0 bumping.CG related?Leo

Guest CX330_CPA Virtual

>I have a lot of bumping, but when climbing at high altitude>only. Say, I am at Fl330 and climb top FL390, I go all the way>up, up and down. As soon as I reach cruise again, 0 bumping.>>CG related?>Possible, As noted in one of my previous posts I am looking at CG placement as a possible resolution to pitch stability at high simulated time compression. As it is noted in most of aero texts aft CG could be a reason for lateral pitch instability ("bobbing"). However, for the sake of this release I set empty aircraft CG and fuel tank locations as well as cargo bin and pax centroids to as close as they were on the engineering drawings of the plane. Based on real world 777 pilot-testing of this fde the Weight and balance was "spot on". But sadly FS does not always do the sings you want them and "correct" cg is not necessarily something FS will "like" Hence, reported, pronounced instability at high time compressions.There are literally hundreds of load configuration possibilities with this plane and as you might imagine it will be close to impossible to simulate your conditions to the tee, therefore, it would be nice to see which CG% setting give you the most instability in cruise.Will do what I can on the FDE side.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_16.gifhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/banner_es.jpghttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/855693/848.png

Guest Senior Captain

Iam on a 14 hr flight from KIAH to RJAA and she has been rock solid with just a little bit of up and down maybe 30 ft or so but only when I have encontered large wind shifts no diffrent than any other addon in that respect. No bobbing here. everything works great here. hope you all get solved.Cheers

Hi Eugene,As me maybe the Guy that be the most "bobbing"threader here - sorry but it`s the biggest probfor me - here some dates.My CG% mostly between 21-25But allmost ever around 22Payload is at is setted in the air file at the moment.Full mostly between 50%-to 90% full.Using the 300er and want to say the "bobbing" is not onlyin high time compression i can see that in normal time,too.Hopefully you can find a fix for that....CheersMario G

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.