Sign in to follow this  
pilotpm

I am very,very very disappointed

Guest misva

I am very,very,very satisfiedThe 777 is completely stable in flight!Beautiful job PSS

Hi,good for you and nice to knowWhat model u using - 200 or 300CheersMario G

I have found that the -300 is very stable if you keep the CG forward of about 18%.With the default load, I moved the cargo in bay 4 up and added it to bay 1...gives a CG of around 15.8% with full fuel if I remember. The CG will shift aft as fuel is burned off, but in this case not past around 18%. It's rock stable in that configuration at acceleration at least up to 8x.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hi Bob, :-) will try that asap.......Reporting later..Thanks for the hint. :9 CheersMario G

Hi Bob,trying it as we speak.....It`s a lot better now ,for normal and 2 timesit`s allmost stable......4 timesyou see it still alive but mutch better as before.Thanks for that great tipp...more funny ( and realistic ) now.CheersMario G

Guest CX330_CPA Virtual

>I have found that the -300 is very stable if you keep the CG>forward of about 18%.>>With the default load, I moved the cargo in bay 4 up and added>it to bay 1...gives a CG of around 15.8% with full fuel if I>remember. The CG will shift aft as fuel is burned off, but in>this case not past around 18%. It's rock stable in that>configuration at acceleration at least up to 8x.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300>Santiago de Chile>Hey Bob nice to see you again. You've always been rought on my fde during the beta stage and i appreciate this... The only problem that its not how 300 flies. At least not with these load configurations. As i said in my posts before i set up CG placement to be as close as possibleto 200/300 real life loadout and right now I am working on a remedy to this rocking / bobbing thing on my end. Will also confer with the AP coder to see what we can come with. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_16.gifhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/banner_es.jpghttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/855693/848.png

Hi Eugene! :-)nice to hearKeep up coming ; all my Passengers are seasick in my 300 }( But with these tipps from Bob it`s a lot better now.( makes mor fun to fly with ,and Passengers don`thave those blue faces at the end of the flight. :-eek Hope you get it " stable as a rock ".....CheersMario G

>Hey Bob nice to see you again. You've always been rought on my>fde during the beta stage and i appreciate this... >>The only problem that its not how 300 flies. At least not with>these load configurations. As i said in my posts before i set>up CG placement to be as close as possibleto 200/300 real life>loadout and right now I am working on a remedy to this rocking>/ bobbing thing on my end. Will also confer with the AP coder>to see what we can come with. Eugene;I think you've done a good job with the FDE...probably the most significant improvement PSS have made.I don't think we can attribute this problem to the FDE alone. Fwd CG shifts do appear to mitigate the problem, but I suspect what we're seeing is the combination of the change in natural longitudinal oscillation frequency and longitudinal control sensitivity as the CG moves aft and closer to CL, plus the dynamics of the autopilot feedback loop. As the CG moves aft and the longitudinal sensitivity of the flight model increases, the increasing longitudinal oscillation rate is probably approaching the destabilizing frequency for the feedback system implemented in the autopilot.So...in this case we can fix the problem either by keeping the CG far enough fwd to keep the longitudinal oscillation frequency low and out of the neutral dead band, or the gauge programmer can alter the autopilot feedback dynamics by modifying parameters like feedback delay, control input rate, sampling rate to produce a feedback system that is stable across the full range of CGs (and sampling rates, which effectively change in accelerated flight).RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Ah...duh...make that lateral oscillations.Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Guest misva

Mario I am using the 300-ER

As far as I know Level D does not support accelerated time on the 767, and I would think the reasons for doing so would apply to the PSS 777. There are too many permutations and combinations of hardware and software on the PC platform to account for all the problems. If you want to do a long flight just pause it, ok, so its not realistic. Neither is accelerating the time.Just my 2 cents.Ron.

Ron Service

Hi Ron,The original release of the LVL-D did only support real time flying, you are correct but they did change it. It was not until the first patch that speeding up the simulation rate was implemented...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Mario,To add my experience to your frustration with oscillations, I have very slight ones and I have been wondering (and will test this in the near future) that perhaps, they are due to Active Sky or any other weather program creating wind TURBULENCE. Why do I say this? Because if I recall my first "test flight with the 772LR, based on my experiences with the oscillations of the PSS Airbuses, I tested this WITHOUT any weather - clear weather setting in FS2004 and make sure, to be double-sure to select FSUIPC and press the CLEAR ALL WEATHER button. I HAD NO OSCILLATIONS even at 16X, just as Norman of PSS had reported.To confirm weather is the cause: Today and at least one other flight I did this week with ASV5 (Active Sky version 5) I would occasionally get very violent oscillations but as soon as I reduced the simulation rate to normal, they disappeared completely and at 8X, they are hardly noticeable. Since there is always turbulence (at 35,000ft at which I usually fly) with ASV, this is to be expected I figure.Can someone confirm this - without using weather-USING CLEAR ALL WEATHER IN FSUIPC and CLEAR WEATHER in FS2004 - do you still get any oscillations? I did not, even at 16X.Let me know. I will try a flight to test this again to make sure it is reproduceable and stable, probably next week with the 777LR.John

I just tried a flight with two separate ROUTES on Friday and took off from my first destination to my second airport with the same plane without exiting FS nor exiting the flight.I used NO weather - CLEAR weather and as I guessed - NO OSCILLATIONS AT ALL even at 16X other than that slight +/- 10ft I see. In other words the plane flew stable osciallating between 34990 ft - 35010 ft and the osciallations never got worse than this. My CG this time, though, as calculated using the EXCEL LOAD SHEET was 23% for both flights (centre fuel tank was empty, by the way).John

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.