Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot53

Hydraulics

Guest Pilot53

Why is it that even after the full product was released the ailerons still move when hydraulics are off?

Guest cactus

Man I hate to be a stickler here but...........shoudln't it be the customer deeming it necessary? Just another one of those "things that should be modelled" as in another post. I feel it is these sort of things that the customer should be informed of befor buying the product. Sorry but I have that need for perfection when it comes to this. Just ask the dev who made the king air 200 when I helped him complete it.Jack

I understand your point but if the customer made the decisions we would NEVER see a finished product!!!Do you know what the wish list would be like? Unfortunately, developers can not include everything for everyone, fact of life. Just as an example, I do not care if the flight controls work with Hydraulics shut down, I just won't move the controls until I have my hydraulics configured, however I bet a few of the things that float my boat you could care less about. The customer gets to choose the product when they pay for a custom design, otherwise you pay for what is in the box you are buying... I can go and put in a couch from the store down the street and choose my color and fabric or I can go to a designer, draw everything out from scratch and have it custom made but the two offerings are very different products and price-points. Do you want an off the shelf product or a custom designed plane just for each individual? Can you imagine if we asked MS to let us choose and make the feature list for FS10, we might even see it by 2050 LOL.-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest cactus

Partially agreed. I do however think that these things should be advertised to the customer in more depth on their website. Like I said what would you do if you bought the package and their was no landing gear. I am just saying that PSS advertised in a sense tht made the customer believe that this was going to be a "top of the line" product but without mentioning any other payware addons, I can mention at least 10-20 things the other guys have modelled that PSS never did and only bout 5 things that PSS modelled that the other guys didn't. I just expected the simplest things to be modelled. I am not expecting the plane to the impossible. But if it is as advanced as they say it is, movement of the control surfaces should not move if no hydraulics are engaged. I am with you though in the sense that it isn't going ot disrupt my enjoyment. I am not the same as the customers that insist on having detailed passenger compartment. this is a flight sim, not a passenger sim.

Hey Cactus,Totally agreed, all of this could have been avoided by posting a feature list and in some sense more importantly a "not featured" list as well. Then again, when you walk into Mercedes do they have a list of what they don't have that BMW does? Of course not, you sell on your strengths.. I first learned of a lot of the things not modelled when I got the manuals but I had already purchased by that point. It wouldn't have made a difference as far as I am concerned, I would have bought anyway but it would have made for a much more informed purchase. I totally agree with you there.-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest Steve_Park

I have to side with PSS on this issue, sorry. If you want and need that kind of realisim, you need to shop at CAE or Thompson for your simulator need's....note bring BIG check book.Steve Park

Guest Pilot53

NO, I dont, Level-d and PMDG have achieved that level of realism.

> NO, I dont, Level-d and PMDG have achieved that level of>realism.Exactly

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Someone please lock this thread rather than letting it turn into a LVL-D and PMDG do this thread.Do they have working wxr for example? No in fact, PMDG said it could not be done when they release the 744, hmm not true and PSS proved that.Do they both have a fully functional VC? No, one of them requires you to use pop-up windows for your FMC etc...So guess what, there is a lot that PSS does that they don't!!!I own all three but I try not to compare them, they are just different products with their own plus and minus. -Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest cactus

???? really? why does many other addons model these things? I am sorry. i dont agree. CAE is not the alternate.