Sign in to follow this  
klm320

crash to desktop

helloas i said before i'm really happy with the new 777-200LR!after flying for about 4 hours today I was inbound to schiphol and suddenly fs quits :S??i didn't get the xp message (the one witch asks to send the report to microsoft and restarts fs) but i just literally closed fs and i was back on the desktop. Not a great end to a beautifull flight if you ask me?Any ideas anyone?william

Ah Ha,This one happened to me every time I used to get near Nice, turned out it was a problem with the addon scenery ...If you have addon scenery for AMS then uninstall it and re-install it, also go get the FS Patch / update and see if that helps.Im proberly way off here but thats my experience, the same as you are having by the sounds of it ;)Thanks,Gazza B.Ps, its nothing to do with any PSS products, it hapened to me in any aircraft !

Any add-on scenery in the area? What airports were you using? Just two real quick thoughts...Any info you could provide would help, FMC page, views, what you were doing at the time. As much detail as possible would be great.Thanks and hope you get it figured out...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Just happened to me going into BOS....Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

hello,here a more detailed description of the event:I was inbound to Amsterdam coming from gran canaria.I have some freeware installed for amsterdam but it never caused me any trouble.I have the grancanaria scenerey installed, the bundle, you probably know from witch publisher.I programmed the fmc quite quick with only the runway for amsterdam in the LEGS page.The FMC was in the PROGRESS pageI was playing around with the weather radar (but was doeing that for the whole flight)I was at 2500 feet, it was getting dark and real world weather was turned on (the static weather)Then suddenly I was on my desktop, now blank screen, no error reports nothing.My system specs. are:intel pentium 4, 3 Gig.1024 MB DDR ramAti Radeon 9600XT 256MB DDR ramwindows XP SP1William

Hello PSS,can you please respont the problem presists, and it is getting worse!Everytime i startup the 777-200LR, it keeps crashing to desktop??sometimes after a while sometimes while loading the flight, after 10 minutes, but it keeps crashing?please respont because this is not working for me!William

Guest Dutch64

This crash after startup, is this at EHAM? Please try first to remove the addon for EHAM. I had some weird issues with it also although i don't know which one you use but almost sure it's your scenery/airportMartin

Thanks for the tip Martin!I will try an reinstall fs completely, maybe that helps.Also do you have the official FS patch installed? I don't maybe it also has something to doe with that?William

Guest Dutch64

Yes, i have the patch installed. I would not reinstall completely immediately, first try disabling that scenery and see how it goes.Martin

Ok it seems to be working now, reinstalled anyway and got the fs patch too.Will try to install the schiphol scenery later, will post if the problems returns, thanks Martin!William

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.