Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndrewSmith

Well, so far so good.... :o)

Guest AndrewSmith

Just wanted to chime in here with some data and feedback...-Never installed RC1. PreRelease installed.-Cold & Dark cockpit mod from AVSIM.-ASVe.-3 monitor setup...two vidcards (main on AGP, two on PCI).-i've never used the saved flight feature.-tons of AI.-flying offline (FS ATC).Flightplan is from KIND to KMSP created in FS flightplanner, time set to dawn. Using the -200LR. Used autostart from the OVHD. Went through Checklist (cool feature). All systems green and ON. Programmed FMS and imported FS flightplan.**Left monitor used for ASV and kneeboard, Center monitor main view and FMS is on the right monitor in full screen.Contacted FS ATC for departure. Got initial climb to 6,000. Finished Checklist and pushed back. Tried to contact ATC for taxi - nothing. Uh-oh. No chatter on the radio. Couldn't tune radio manually. I could switch from COM1 to COM2; but couldn't tune anything. PRI/STBY inop as well.Went to VC to see if it would work from there. Uh-oh. VC was upside down...actually, let me rephrase that, I was upside down. Yeah, it was like i was a bat hanging from the ceiling. ATC text window was oriented correctly; but the VC and the outside world was upside down.Changed views to Spot. Hmmm...the lights aren't on now. Went back to 2D...light switches are in the ON position and the 2D was lit up. Changed to VC...lights are switched on; but nothing is illuminated.Changed to 2D and using keyboard, looked forward_right. No illumination.I shut the engines down via Fuel cut-off switches and went to APU power. Smoked a cigarette. Turned on both fuel switches, and this time, used Ctrl+E to start engines. Both fire up and now everything is back to normal. Contacted ATC for taxi and away we go.Currently i'm about a third way to KMSP climbing to FL350. Once i get there, i plan on testing this "oscillation" that a few are having an issue with....stay tuned...

Guest AndrewSmith

well...at FL350 i observed no oscillation at Normal Sim Speed. at 2X, there was some..at 4X even more...at 8X even more...and at 16X it was a bit rough...lol...also remember, i'm using ASV.me personally, since none is observed at Normal Sim Speed, it's not an issue.i did notice an AoA of 4.4 at cruise. not sure if this is realistic or not. CG registered in FMS was 30%??? not sure what that means...i'll have to dig through the manual to decipher that. maybe i typed that in there? can't remember...ok...got my orders to descent...so i'll post my final thoughts when i hit the gate.just noticed...i entered the RWY into the FMS and it tuned the NAV radio and it's depicted on the HSI...way cool.

Guest AndrewSmith

ok...final report.not sure what happened...but ILS never kicked in. HSI showed the FREG and name for RNAV...was over the OM...so didn't have alot of time to figure that one out...had to manually take her in. probably my fault...need to read the manual more.Some other stuff:I couldn't enter the Gross Weight for Approach in the FMS to get the flap speeds and such. again, probably an incomplete FMS programmming on my part.I turned the wipers on in the OVHD in 2D...was switching views to see it in Spot view, and when i went to VC, it appeared i was up on the dash and the hat switch didn't work. kept going and sure enough, the wipers were active in Spot. Returned back to VC and hit the "Center View" key, and VC went back to normal operations.On takeoff at KIND, RWY 5R, i was at the end of the rwy and was only at 140kts...VR from FMS said 170. using additional elevator trim and yoke, i made it out. this was probably my fault, as i was very heavy.Bottom line: Outstanding work, PSS. Great visual model. Great 2D and VC. Great sound.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.