Sign in to follow this  
victorlima01

Most frustrating flight I have ever had

I'm trying to be fair so I would like to know if maybe some of these mistakes are user related. Some of the things I said are clearly delopment-related but then again some might be user-related. Therefore I ask. Does anyone know if some of the features I listed are indeed modeled or is everyone finding these "bugs" as well?Thanks.Best Regards,Victor

Guest iflyby

Im going to have to agree with you bud. Im extremely dissapointed in this aircraft. I'm not sure if it is the FINAL version, because PSS can do soooo much better. But if it is, I'll be wanting my money back.:-erks

Guest BWBriscoe

I have to agree, this product is really dissapointing when compared to the recent Level-D and PMDG released products. Also, the BA 772 repaint looks well...weird! It just doesn't look right at all!And I really don't understand why PSS didn't make a 772ER, as this is the most popular 777 variant. Bizarre! Instead they manufacture a simulation of an aircraft that hasn't even entered commercial service yet?!?!I am very dissapointed... nevermind, back to my 767 and 747!Ben

Guest nicoma

Agree!Did a new Flight to KSDF "hard" wind 10 g25 kt from the left and rudder did not working good enought. Sleewed to the taxiway.Dear PSS do something .. Stop the release until this problems is fixed.Have all other of PSS aircraft and i also expect more from your company..Back to the LevelD..Nicolaus Malmgren

>Yet another disappointment and this time I really can

ki9cAAb.jpg

Actually I think you might be mixing up the the 777 aircraft with the 747! In the 777, the way to do it is by selecting the air page. I'm almost 100% sure, tried it out on the real aircraft not a month ago. But just to be sure, I'll call my uncle who's a 777 driver and I'll let you know!BRVictorhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest Trev123

As to the 777ER, I emailed PSS about this and they told that the FS 2000 02 version was an ER and that is why they didn't model it. Air New Zealand have just recieved there first one of 8 ERs. They don't have LRs as modeled here.Trevor :)

>Actually I think you might be mixing up the the 777 aircraft>with the 747! In the 777, the way to do it is by selecting the>air page. I'm almost 100% sure, tried it out on the real>aircraft not a month ago. But just to be sure, I'll call my>uncle who's a 777 driver and I'll let you know!>>BR>Victor>>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpgVictor,Your right, I am mixing it up with the 747-400! I need to get out more :)Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

I noticed last night that if you display the AIR page on the Pilot's ND window you get the pressurisation summary at the bottom of the Upper EICAS. So part of it is correct, but only when the two EICAS displays are in the same view. Hopefully PSS will correct the bug.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I guess everyone has their own set of expectations.Personally, the introduction of the PSS777 into my fleet is very welcome. Aside from flat out crahses, I can always live with the bugs because I know the reputable companies do a good job collecting up the bugs and releasing patches at regular intervals. As long as the plane is not CTDing, I'm happy flying it around with the bugs and waiting for service updates. Some prefer to have a virtually bug free product on release, others want it quickly. I hate to wait, so I'm pretty happy living with the bugs. Again, I'm confident they'll be worked out.As far as the features modeled, this is a consumer problem, not a seller problem. We should all know that asking questions before purchasing online is the best way to make a sound decision. There's nothing they advertised that isn't there. I don't think any of us are victims of false advertising.I'm pretty happy. I'm sure others aren't, but PSS has filled a nice gap in my Boeing fleet. I trust they'll follow-up with service releases.Your post was very well written and I appreciate your point of view as well.Bob

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Guest rgeorgiou

Hello all,I would like to remind people about the initial bugged state of the LDS763 and the F1 ATR and say that both aircraft have gone on to be GREAT (and VERY stable) aircraft. I'm just glad it's PSS that created this as I have total faith in them to resolve the issues in good time.I just wish the graphics in the 777's PFD were as smooth and creamy as those found in the LDS763.By the way, it was nice to read the original post by Victor, it was informative and factual without anything in the way of rudeness or emotive sarcasm. Way to go Victor!thanksRichard Georgiou

Guest bob

Hi VictorI totally agree with your remarks made in the above thread(s). I also find ILS approach capture and decent poorer than any freeware aircraft. I would hope PSS issue notice of urgently needed further development to avoid a reluctant refund request.Best regardsBob Wright

Hello PSS team,Sadly I am writing to let you know that the 777 is not what I expected from you. After many years of flying your triple seven for the FS2000 and FS2002 version and loving it, I was expecting that you guys would give us something completely new, raising the bar of flight simming. Given your company's reputation, I expected a product up to the level of other realistic aircraft out there such as the PMDG and the Level-D aircraft.However, what I found was an aircraft full of major and minor bugs along with features that I cannot believe not to be modeled. On my first flight I was quite surprised to discover that I could not enter winds because they are not modeled. On an aircraft made to fly long routes where winds can completely change fuel consumption and estimated times, how can entering wind data not be modeled? Then I was also shocked to discover that a badly needed function of the FMC wasn't modeled as well: the FIX page. If other add-ons have it I fail to see how come it is so difficult to implement it. Then I tried holding at the present position only to discover that I could not arm an exit for the hold because that option simply was not there. I had to delete the hold manually via the legs page which is again not realistic. Your previous version B777 had this feature correctly modeled as far as I can remember (do correct me if I am wrong). Notice I am not talking about bugs, but simply of features that one can only expect from a company with your reputation and that presumes to charge us the amount of money it does. Continuing with the flight I was again surprised when I tried entering a route offset and discovered that this function was apparently not there as well. Descending via FL CH is impossible, since the aircraft refuses to lower the speed to the commanded MCP speed prior to descent. It simply starts descending at idle without due regard to the selected MCP speed. Vnav descent is also working in an erratic behavior. At one point I leveled off via the altitude hold function so that I could lose some airspeed due to a sudden wind shift and when I armed vnav again, it started climbing like a rocket although I was on a descent to my new FL as set per the MCP window. As I approached my IAF I thought things were finally going ok and there was nothing that would throw me off my approach. To further test the airplane