Sign in to follow this  
Guest ny_simmer

Radio problems

Guest ny_simmer

This is probably something simple. But I can't get the radio communications to work. No ATIS, ATC requests, nothing. I hear all other sounds, engines, seat belt chime etc. But no communications.I've had the plane started with no fault lights. Programmed the FMC, took off, landed. But all without communications.I start by loading the default cessna 172 and turn off everything but avionics, then load the 777.I generally like what I'm seeing so far. But I'm becoming frustrated with this issue.Any ideas?ThanksBob Quick

Guest Pro-Sim

Bob,When you load the default Cessna and turn off everything except the Avionics, you should also be leaving the BATTERY SWITCHES ON. ...I'm 90% sure this is what's causing your problem - when you load the 777 the default battery is set off :-(David.

Guest ny_simmer

David,I will try that now.ThanksBob

Guest ny_simmer

Hey, that worked!!So, the overhead was indicating the battery was on when it really wasn't?Anyway, thanks for the quick help.Time to take her up for a real flight!Bob

Guest sparrows

Well that works but:thats not the way it should be, because if thats the trick you can kick the "cold and dark" option out of the setup. Wonder why, other products reach that aim. At the moment the only improvement i

Guest Phoenix_7

most addons have problems if you change the default startup flightit has no effect on the ability to start cold and darkJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.