Sign in to follow this  
truthknown

Still having VNAV problems

Guest MD11_FLYER

Maybe because this is an already known problemDan

IMHO it does not matter that this is a known problem. They charged us for what they said would be a truly revolutionary add-on and yet it isn

Its not a matter of if its a known problem or not. I didn't post this to just report a problem to potentially be fixed. I posted this because I have this problem and I would like more information to determine if im doing something wrong or not and to resolve the issue. Basically I am just looking for some kind of troubleshooting support. However I am not receiving anything at all.This has happened to me 3 times on all 3 flights i have done with this bird so far so something is obviously screwed up somewhere. Whether it is my installation, my configuration, my setup, or the product itself is undetermined and I would like some help figuring this out. I am not here to complain, just asking for some basic support as a paying customer.Next time make a constructive post and suggest some ideas i could try to help me solve my problem. Thanks!

Chris Lezama

Guest NormanB

Chris,Its not a known issue and its not that anybody has decided to not answer you. Chances are as you guessed is that it slipped past us all.You list a number of variables so lets start with the basics.* Is this the preview or the full download?* If its the full download had you fully removed the preview?* Operating System?If you can write what it was you did in setting up your aircraft (from launching FS) or if you wish catch me on VATSIM either as a supervisor VATOCE2 or as a pilot KNT544

Thanks Norman.This is the full download (from the Multi Base Pack).I removed the preview from the add/remove programs dialog then installed the full release pack. I am on Win XP Media Center 2005.My steps are as follows:Start FS2004 (including starting Squawkbox 3 module).Start ASV5 Enhanced.Go to create flight and choose the PSS 777-200LR United livery (used the user edit since the liveries were not available yet). Select my departure airport, in this case RJAA (Using the JapanScenery version of Narita). Leave everything else alone as my default settings. (I am not sure if i have the default FS flight as my default anymore - will check that tonight when i get home from work)Fs loads up in cold and dark as i have set in the PSS setup box.I first turn on the battery. I then request the 2 external power connections and the ground air. Turn on the appropriate lights once power is established. Turn on the ADIRU. Program the CDU. Turn on the weather radar. Start going through the checklists. Load fuel. Recheck the CDU for proper init values based on fuel loaded. Configure the overhead panel (i dont remember the exact steps i took here - I can try this all again tonight and document all my steps. fully). Start APU, disconnect external power and air. Arm LNAV and VNAV. Pushback and start, taxi. All works perfectly until I takeoff and turn on the Autopilot. VNAV then goes haywire. The CDU Legs page shows altitude crossings perfectly fine for the beginning stages of the flight so i would expect that VNAV would climb appropriately. At around 3000 ft, it just takes a steep dive to the ground at like -7000fpm.After i recover and climb I can no longer engage VNAV as it always remains armed, even when i reach cruise. It does however engage again when i dial in a step climb by setting a new altitude on the autopilot and pushing the alt select button.If you need more info, please do let me know. Thanks!

Chris Lezama

Guest NormanB

Chris,A full report - thanks.>Start FS2004 (including starting Squawkbox 3 module).>Start ASV5 Enhanced.>Go to create flight and choose the PSS 777-200LR United liveryThere lies your problem.* Choose the ORIGINAL default flight (note that this isnt the same as choosing a cessna at Meigs / Seattle). (Set 122.80 in Com1 whilst you are there)* Maybe you have a favourite gate / field. Go there.* Change to the 777. * Set the XPDR and anything else you want to off* Save flight (set to default if you wish)Now you have a flight that is based on the default flight meaning you dont have to do this every time.You should find all your issues are now a thing of the past.

Ok i tried this in multiple variations and none of them solved my problem.I first did exactly as you said. I saved the flight as my default flight. I then closed FS and restarted it. I then setup a flight the way i normally would but this time the PSS777 was already selected as the default aircraft. No luck upon taking off.Second time I did this all over again, this time though i didnt restart FS. After saving the default flight, i then went straight to RJAA and tried the flight again. This time i did notice a difference though... The fuel calculations were different when it was the same plane and same amount of fuel. It gave me a higher gross weight, higher takeoff speeds and a much larger EFB for my arrival at KJFK. So I thought ahhh it might be working now... Thought wrong. Same thing on takeoff.Funny thing is, my Flight Director is commanding a climb at over 10 degrees. The autopilot just wont follow it with VNAV engaged. It just slowly pushes the plane into a dive. When i paused it before crashing into the ground my fpm was -12500! I was completely vertical nose down.Any other suggestions? I am going to reinstall the package now to see if that helps any.

Chris Lezama

Norm,When I tried to do this the little PSS panel that is above the windscreen that allows one to click and select various guages disappears reliably when I select the saved flight.GReg

Greg Clark

I did a reinstall completely clean. I repeated all the steps with the default flight and all. The same problem occurs.

Chris Lezama

Guest adameke777

Chris,Can you please post step by step description of how you program the route and the FMC, also please include the flight plan. It will make replicating your problem easier.Thanks

Flight plan: RJAA-KJFKCHOSHI1 GUPPY OTR8 KAGIS A590 AMOTT J511 ANC JAGIT NCA13 YRL NCA21 YYZ J522 IGN IGN7Departure rwy 34L. 75% fuel loaded.Bring up CDUClear initial message and go to POS INIT page.Select GPS line and enter value on 6-RSKGo to RTE PageRJAA 1-LSKKJFK 1-RSKGoto DEP/ARR page and select DEP on 1-LSKselect RWY 34L and CHOSHI1 departure GUPPY transitionGo to RTE page, Next page (page 2)OTR8 2-LSK KAGIS 2-RSKA590 3-LSK AMOTT 3-RSKJ511 5-LSK ANC 4-RSKJAGIT 5-RSKNext page (page 3)NCA13 1-LSK YRL 1-RSKYZE 2-RSK (NOTE: NCA21 is coming up as INVALID ENTRY after YRL)NCA21 3-LSK YYZ 3-RSKJ522 4-LSK IGN 4-RSKDEP/ARR page, KJFK ARR (2-RSK)select IGN7 arrivalRTE Page (look over route)LEGS pageSet 250/190 restriction at LENDY on last pageACTIVATE (6-RSK)Hit EXEC ButtonRTE Page - Save route RJAAKJFKPERF INITright click on ZFW for automatic entryenter 25 for reserve fuelFL330 Cruise100 cost indexGross weight reads 665.1THRUST LIM - leave defaults and enter nothingTAKEOFF REFFlaps 15CG% - 26% Trim reads 6.00Ref Spds 155 160 166, GR WT 665.1enter 665.1 on TOGWSelect ref spdsVNAV Page displayClose CDU

Chris Lezama

Guest adameke777

Chris,When you look at the LEGS page first time after loading the route, can you remove altitude restrictions for ( 635) and D050E and give it a shot.EDIT: remove only the first one Adam

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.