Sign in to follow this  
truthknown

Still having VNAV problems

Ok after trying that VNAV just didn't engage at all. It remained in TO/GA mode for vertical navigation although LNAV engaged fine. However the plane magically followed the flight director as if it was in VNAV when i let go of the yoke. The speed was not increasing to 250 though. It hovered around 190-200 kts. Around 9000 ft, V/S mode just kicked in out of nowhere set to 2500 fpm. VNAV disappeared. I clicked VNAV again and it remained armed with V/S mode still engaged. The speed then slowly dropped and I stalled.

Chris Lezama

I tried it twice, first time removing the first restriction, second time removing both restrictions. Same thing as reported in my previous post. Any more suggestions?

Chris Lezama

Guest jabbaru

I think some forget the amount of work that goes into making these addons, its a small price tag to pay for something so complex, I dont have the tripple 7 yet but will, alot of these problems are caused by incorrect programming of the CDU, this is something i have first hand experience of with the airbus series, i thought i could program the FMC 100% fault free on my own and still had issues, then i used the tutorials, hense forth the problems stopped. I would suggest try programming the CDU with one of the tutorial flights and if its still is a problem then im sure PSS will do their upmost best to find a solution.So read the manual, follow it by the numbers and see how it goes.//Jabbaru

Guest jabbaru

Just out of curiosity, does this happen at every airport or only at RJAA with the addon scenery ?

Guest adameke777

Chris,I've been trying to contact you on Yahoo Msg to go over some solutions. Anyway, remove all the SID waypoints up to GUPPI and also remove the altitude restriction of 10,000 feet at GUPPI. This should help isolate the problem.Adam

Guest adameke777

>Just out of curiosity, does this happen at every airport or>only at RJAA with the addon scenery ? Now that you mention the addon scenery .... thank you for an interesting suggestion ;-)Adam

Next flight... RJAA to KJFK. I was good all the way to the takeoff, everything set right, checklists complete, rotate and climb. All fine. LNAV and VNAV armed and FD stating TO/GA mode in both vertical and horizontal nav modes. At 400 ft, I turn on the autopilot and LNAV engages. Shortly after VNAV engages. Supposedly im supposed to be following the CHOSHI departure off of 34L. My LNAV does fine, but VNAV suddenly commands my plane to dive right into the ground! I disconnect the autopilot and climb quickly. I choose FLCH mode and continue climbing after regaining control of the aircraft. Then the plane just wont climb over 10000 ft! I decide to return to the airport and spend 30 minutes dumping fuel (which is a wonderful feature btw) and land perfectly at the MLW. I re-select the aircraft (since there seems to be no way to reset the plane for a turnaround - AUTOPILOT DISC in red on the EICAS, G/A mode shown etc.) It was a painful flight but i had to try again. Thought to myself i must be doing something wrong. So i try again, everything perfect. I takeoff and BOOM it happens ALL OVER AGAIN! This time i dont give up as the plane this time decides it can climb over 10000 ft. However i could not re-engage VNAV so i climbed to cruise using FLCH mode with VNAV armed. I am currently flying at FL330 in cruise with ALT HOLD mode on and VNAV STILL ARMED. Any ideas on what is going wrong here? I had 75% fuel loaded and im flying the 772LR. I have yet to have a perfect flight. Something major is constantly going wrong...

Chris Lezama

True, i have not tried this at another airport or with the default scenery at RJAA. I will try both of the latest suggestions tonight.Thanks guys!Chris

Chris Lezama

Just to update, Adam and I did extensive testing of this problem last night and we found that this is only happening in the Tokyo area. It happened at RJAA and RJTT. However upon trying out RKSI in South Korea, it worked like a charm!We also did some further testing and found some other issues that are happening to the plane around the Tokyo area. Adam has filed a report with PSS and hopefully a resolution to this can be found.Thanks Adam for all your help!

Chris Lezama

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.