Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

Another "bobbing" report...

I know this has already been reported but I just wanted to add that this effect has completely ruined my enjoyment of the B777. The cockpit rendering is great, the model looks great, but this oscillating ("bobbing") at cruise altitude/speed has just got to be solved. I am really surprised that the testers did not put a hold on the release because of this. Maybe its my weak stomach, but after about two minutes at cruise altitude, I begin to feel nauseous.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

testers have no authority to put a hold on anything, just to let you know.

... and a lot of us do NOT get the bobbing. What is your OPT/MAX and actual cruise level when you see it? AoA? Gross weight? CRZ CG?You've gotta supply some data if you want others to replicate it.Cheers,S

It doesn't seem to matter. I have changed by aircraft.cfg file to represent full loads, half loads, etc. I then modified the Excel load planner to reflect the changes and used the new cog. I have flown as low as FL310 and as high as FL390. I always use LNAV and VNAV. On the climb, it is rock solid. As soon as altitude and cruise speed are reached, the bobbing starts.What are your flight conditions with no bobbing?

Hi, After flying the tutorial flight, I discover the bobing problem only happen on my 300ER, I can fly up to 16x rate have no problem in the 200LR and LRF. Then I switch to the 300ER i cant even fly at 2x rate, at any altitude. Can any PSS team tell me why. I already reinstall the plane the problem is still there, and I have the muti-pack.please helpJerry Chen

Ahaa!As you know, Im a "non-bobber" and I do indeed fly the 200LR only! That being said, I think I saw another 200LR user report bobbing in another post, just can't seem to find it right now.Cheers,S

Keep your CG forward of 18% (in other words less than 18%) on the 300ER. And remember that burning fuel...especially center tank fuel...shifts the CG aft during the flight. As I posted elsewhere in the forum, at full fuel, a CG of 15.8% or less keeps the CG at or forward of 18% throughout the flight.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Scott thank you, that just fix everythingand now i could fly at 8x rate everything is nice.Jerry Chen

Sign in to follow this