Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

So far, No Bobbling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Gang!I have been noticing certain posts on "Bobbling" at cruise altitude. I am currently on a test flight from KDFW - KMIA using ASV Real Weather and 100% AI. Loaded up a flight plan on my CDU and so far, life has been good. I did have a little tail strike on takeoff (probably my own fault), but so far, there has been no Bobbling whatsoever. Are we sure people are loading this thing properly and entering the proper information in the CDU????? I can see this aircraft struggling to achieve altitude and possibly "Bobble" if the weight - thrust ratings are off or if the weights are too high for the altitude required.I have to disagree with some of you so far. I will continue to test and see, but so far, I just entered the Gulf of Mexico, on my way to Ft. Myers to start my descent, and it's been flawless.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dennis,Yes, loading correctly. Although I agree it is possible to avoid 'bobbing' by adopting a 'conservative' cruise level (up to FL310 with a medium loading) and avoiding Step climbs.But there is some bobbing at the upper level of what should be acceptable cruise levels for a given weight.David.

Hi,but that couldn`t be the thing....A B777 is a long ranger and therefor she fliesusually at 33000 - 40000 feet.CheersMario G

David/Dennis,At the moment I'm enroute ESSA-EGLL at FL380 with an OPT/MAX of FL377/412, absolutely rock steady - and it's been like that since I levelled off. Using a CI of 0, my gross weight is about 221 tonnes and auto-trim has settled somewhere between 7.75 and 8, I'm using ASVenhanced.As a test I just tried climbing to FL412, the only effect was that the AoA went from 2.8 to 3.9, but the 777 was again rock steady.Cheers,S

Hi Soren,Did you tried Speed 2 or 4 times....??Would you please trie that for me and reporthow she goes....CheersMario G

SorenThanks,and if you do itjust watch her from Spot view.....It looks like she`s slowly jumping over waves.Cheersand happy landingsMario G

Sign in to follow this