Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

Interesting design considerations.

I have yet to take the 777 to the skies as I am enjoying sitting on the ground taking in the whole VC...kind of like "ground school" as I transition from the 747-400 and 767-300 to the 777-200LR.My first impressions of the VC are quite satisfactory. I would like to see a more "photorealistic" look and feel but all-in-all it does capture the clean look of the T7.But then that leads to some interesting design choices that I have noticed. For instance, the control surfaces droop as they should without hydraulics keeping them in place but still then they respond to control movements with no hydraulics.There is no way to open just one door? Sitting at the gate, it looks like a subway car pulling into the station with all doors opening at once. This too is an interesting design consideration.When I load the aircraft, all avionics and power is on but then after about 1 minute they all shut off, even after I turn on the APU and supply power. But wait for it, I went to the modules menu to check my FSUIPC and closed it out (without making changes) and all my power came back on.Tonight I will allow myself to graduate ground school and take her out for my IOE flight, keep your fingers crossed, I'd hate to bend our newest T7! Still judging by the lack of outcry regarding major issues, I am truly looking forward to my flight this evening.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.