Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

Delta 2002 777 'Soaring Spirit' - WIP

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi all,I have started work on the Delta 2002 'Soaring Spirit' N864DA. I am really pretty new at painting so this will probably take me some time and might not be of the highest quality. But I do hope it turns out good and some folks might enjoy it. Also, I think I will have to purchase the 200LR model to properly finish this paint! I currently only own the 200LRF.If your interested in this bird here's a shot of the early work in progress.Cheers, :)Jimmy RichardsEdited for spelling.. ugghhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/132443.jpg

Guest edwardpat2004

WOW !

Guest OneTinSoldier

Roger Eric. Thanks for showing your interest. :) I saw your request in a thread several days ago and I thought about how I really like Dickson Chan's paint of this bird. At that time I thought about attempting it. But then I thought, man that would be a hard one to paint! Then I thought what the heck, why not give it a shot and I started on it a couple of days ago.Next up is to get the bobsleder, and it's not going to be easy! Might not be all that hard, but it won't be all that easy for an ameteur such as myself. I have spent a fair amount of time just to get to where I have so far!If anyone knows where there are some good pictures of this bird besides A.Net and JetPhotos please let me know. I could use a good straight on shot of that bobsleder. ;)Cheers,Jimmy Richards

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi all,Here's a progress update on the (hopefully)beautiful Delta 2002 'Soaring Spirit' N864DA. The real world bird certainly was beautiful. I definitely have an affinity for this paint scheme so I have worked very very hard on it and I hope it turns out really good. I knew the Bobsleder would be a difficult task and he was indeed. But ever since I got him it seems to be coming along pretty good.I hope this progress update drums up some more excitement from Eric and Edward, and maybe for a few other folks too. ;)I hope you like what you see so far!:-wavehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/132748.jpg

Guest OneTinSoldier

Thank you freelancer and Mario. I'm glad you like what I've got so far. :)Cheerio,Jimmy Richards

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi Eric,You're welcome. Enjoy!My hard drive gave out shortly after finishing this paint. Fortunately, I had a BIOS message during POST something to the effect of 'SMART Status Check - BAD - Backup and Replace' alterting me to the fact that the hard drive was about to go out on me. This happened abour 24 hours or so after I had finished the paint job and uploaded it. I was able to back everything up, my precious .psd's, and all my downloaded items ect, to DVD-RW's before the hard drive totally failed. Thank god! I just got WinXP and installed, tweaked, and drivers all installed on the new hard drive. Still lots of installing left to do before I'm flying again!Jimmy Richards

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.