Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

COG Limits

What is a typical value for the COG for departure, and are there any limits associated with it?Thanks-Phil

I was using the load sheet. Just wondering how to distribute the cargo. Of course all the cargo in the front and none in the back is not a very good idea, but it calculates a COG none the less.What I was after was a typical COG figue to try to aim for when using the load editor in excel to load out the aircraft.If you use 23% in the FMC for a quick flight, then I suppose there or there abouts is a good place to aim for.Sorry for any confusion. Should've made my first post a bit more clear!Thanks for the quicxk reply and info though John. Looking forward to flying it when I get to my days off work.-Phil

Guest Phoenix_7

a loadedit utility is in the works which will calculate the CG% based on load, no idea when it will be releasedJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

I have calculated the COG but the FMC will not accept either single or double decimal CG values (invalid data message).What exactly is the format that the FMC will accept and under what conditions will it accept user input ?Thanks

In real life, aft CoG is best. airline I work for likes a minimum MACTOW of 26% for fuel economy. On average i get 30-34% for both aircraft types, but with varying pax, bag and cargo loads, trim issues can force it down to 23%, but this is very rare and is usually as above.

Thanks, Matt  -|-  Win 10 Pro 64, 7820X @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H115i, Asus Strix X299, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance, MSI RTX 2080ti, Samsung C49RG90, CH Pedals, Saitek Yoke, Aviator Joystick & 2x Throttles, TrackIR, VRinsight MCP Combo, XP11, P3D v3.4 & v4.5 Pro and way too many add-ons to mention! Simming since '95. Flying since '98.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.