Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

a few observations on the load lugger

i've not seen any mention of it but there is a cool feature on this jet; some aircraft have frieght that can be loaded or removed with a keystroke, but AFAIK it is only a visual effect and makes no difference to the weight of the plane. Now here is the clever bit, stat flightsim and load your 777 frieghter, go to the menu and remove all the cargo open the cargo doors and the decks ar all empty, now go back to the menu and load it up, return to the aircraft and the holds are now rull of frieght, cool or what? AFAIK this is a first, if it aint, i've never seen it before :)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/132460.jpgjust a couple of small nigles, some of the cargo has its textures mapped to an areathat has no detail, just the text interior, ad the 2D cockpit has no side view. I've done a couple of quick ixes for these, as above i have added a texture to container, and for the ockpit i have used the bitmaps from the 2002 PSS 777 with an edited panel.cfg in a seperate 2D panel.otherwise fantastic plane guys :-beerchug

Guest NormanB

*One* easter egg found ;)

Guest edwardpat2004

Could you share with us the modification in the Panel.cfg to use those bitmaps from FS2002 B777 from PSS. I'm also an owner of PSS B777 for FS2002.Thanks

yes, i will send it to PSS as a user edit, but for now i'll run through it here. I created 2 new folders (or 1 in the PSSB77704 and one in each of the PSS 777 folders). By doing it this way it ou an still have the VC cockpit in the versions that use it, and (i should not be advocating this :D ) you can have a full 2D cockpit in your Meljet/Posky triple 7s (the ones not covered by the PSS varients). Copy the panel folder in your PSSB77704 folder and name the copy panel.2D, then copy the 7 side views from the 2002 panel folder into your new panel.2D folder, next open the file attached to this message and save it as panel.cfg in your new panel.2D folder.Next move to the aircraft folders, copy the panel folder and name the copy panel.novc, in this folder open the panel.cfg file and add .2D to the end of the entry so the line reads: alias=PSSB77704panel.2D.Now open your aircraft.cfg file and all the instances of model=novc and add novc to the panel= entry below.thats it :)

Guest edwardpat2004

Thanks !. I'll try it.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.