Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

What's the highest frame no. you've seen in FS2002?

(Oh, no. Not another frame rate freak! :-erks Well, no one is holding a gun to your head, and forcing you to read this thread. If the subject turns you off, skip to the next thread.)Would anyone with a high end system have any idea of where or not there is a maximum frame rate in FS2002? I'm still tweaking the performance of a system I'm building, but in a flight last night from McGrath, AK, I was getting some insanely high numbers. Well, it was dark, at times I was in the clouds, and the rest of the time there wasn't much to see, so frame rates were pretty high -- basically bouncing between 100 and 200. These are meaningless numbers in terms of what's necessary, and I'll lock the system down to 22 or so when I'm done (so don't get the impression I'm boasting or bragging), but I've kept it unlocked so I could see what is going on as I tweak the system. And what I noticed was that occasionally the FPS would hit 250, but never went any higher. That is such an oddly round number that it makes me wonder if it isn't a coded limit of some kind.Anybody seen anything higher?-Basil

Guest flightpro08

I've hit 105FPS over the middle of the Pacific Ocean at around 0200 local enroute from RJAA-PANC. It goes without saying that my FPS weren't consitantly over 100. ;-) Only in my dreams can that happen. :-lol Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.82 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

>Only in my dreams can that happen.>"*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*"So you do admit overclocking in your in your dreams. :-abduct -Basil

Guest outtatimeiii

Well I seen nearly 110fps when in the middle of the ocean (like someone already said LOL) at 50,000 ft in the concorde. Well without any scenery theres not much to render LOL.Normally, my max is 35fps at ground level and between 40 and 80 (depending where im at) in the air. I have all sliders maxed except AI, because the AI is too stupid LOL. I havent really understood why my comp does such high fps for a lower spec comp, because thats a real high number LOL.

It'll go at least twice that Basil. The highest I've ever been able to generate is 504. Couldn't see much, but it was an interesting experiment :-) . I set everything to minimums, set the drivers for maximum performance, selected the default 172 and used the area over the ocean around Faaa (Tahiti) fo the test. Over a 30-second period the minimum rate was 111 fps, the average was 312 fps and the maximum was 504 fps. This is using the FS2002 FPS counter (set AVE_FRAME_RATE_DISPLAY=1 in the MAIN section ofthe fs2002.cfg file). FRAPS shows similar rates so I assume the defalt counter is OK. Maybe someone with a 3Ghz+ box will try this and we can see how high it can really get.DougNorthwood 2.2a at 2.508Ghz Abit TH7II-R512MB Samsung 40ns PC80064MB 3.6ns Gainward GF4 Ti420042.01 Drivers with WinXP ProInwin ATX with Enermax 431W PSU

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Cool! :-kewl I didn't think to see what would happen minimizing the sliders.-Basil

Guest PaulL01

504 FPS is as high the counter will hit and it is not at all a limit of the System it seems to be either a D3D or FS issue.There is no difference to be seen when viewing FPS that are faster than your monitors refresh rate, but it is funny to see such high FPS numbers.http://www.frontiernet.net/~pleatzaw/images/FS504fpsa.JPG

Guest flightpro08

>So you do admit overclocking in your in your dreams. >:-abduct :-lol You could say that. ;-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.82 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Thanks Paul. That explains why I was never able to get any scenario to go over the 504 mark. Makes for a great screenshot though. Now if I could just get this monitor to refresh faster than 120Hz ..... :-)Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.