Sign in to follow this  

why did you replace my airlines.cfg file?

Why did the installer replace my airlines.cfg file????

Guest Midnight LS1

To seperate the 777's from the currently installed 777's you may have and create a new entry'Boeing-PSS'and in type:777-200LR VC777-200LR NO VC

No, not aircraft.cfg, he really meant airlines.cfg, and yes, seems you're right, Alex, mine was also replaced.

Regards,

Brian Doney

>To seperate the 777's from the currently installed 777's you>may have and create a new entry>>'Boeing-PSS'>>and in type:>>777-200LR VC>777-200LR NO VCairlines.cfg file????

Guest AndrewSmith

how did you guys find out?mine appears to be the same...

Guest AndrewSmith

yeah, it's in your Aircraft folder.it lists the airlines that ATC can recognize and can "speak" it.

I found out because I use editvoicepack and it adds tons more callsigns but suddenly they were all gone when I went to verify a callsign in the file while adding some AI traffic. Its no big deal as you can tell the evp program to update your cfg file again... I am just wondering what the possible reason would be to overwrite it and what else does it overwrite??

Guest NormanB

Alex,Thats the only file that is installed that isnt part of the plane. The reasoning was that there are liveries available that FS didn't know about.I will take a look at the installers when I get a chance and have it set as an optional.

I know what the file does, I was just questioning that comment about separating the 777 from the pss 777

Guest NormanB

>I know what the file does, I was just questioning that>comment about separating the 777 from the pss 777Al,I think someone confused airlines and aircraft.cfg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.