Sign in to follow this  
Brian Doney

Loading the Cessna...

Just a quick question for the board:What is the big deal with loading the Cessna, throwing a few switches, then loading the plane of your choice ? I don't want to get into whether or not you think you should have to, whether or not you think PSS should program around it, etc., I am just very curious to know what is so difficult about this very simple, very quick procedure ?A procedure that is all but guaranteed to alleviate many of the little issues so many of you are having !Some have responded as if they'd almost be embarassed to have to do such a thing. The Cessna won't rub off on your hands, ok ?It's a process that has been recommended since the beginning of complex add-ons, the 777 seems to just be a bit more sensitive than others. So what ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest iandavid

Agree completely.I ALWAYS load up the default Cessna flight sitting at SEA then load up the 3rd party addon acft of my choice, then move to apt of choice and set time and date. Cures 99% of all problems with addons. Spending an extra few minutes at the beginning is better that eratic problems later on. Funny though with the new Dreamfleet Baron 58 they say don't start with the default flight.Just shows how important it is to RTFM.Paul Gardner

Guest Daniel Pimentel

See, it's really simple... It's not a fix, it's a work-around. No matter how simple a work-around is, or how idiotically routine it may be to you, the fact that you have to do it is a WORK-AROUND, not a FIX. People hate work-arounds as it is, but they hate them even more so when they're told that having a work-around for a problem means not having a problem at all. That, my friend, is what you seem to be a rather vocal advocate of, and that's why people get mad and tell you off. A work-around is NOT equal to a fix, people want a fix. You're not PSS, let PSS handle the fixing process and statements about a fix being necessary. You seem to get mad at people for wanting a fix simply because you don't mind the Cessna thing. Well, if someone does, they are TOTALLY entitled to complain to their heart's content, and since you're not PSS, you've no participation in that.So loading the Cessna isn't hard, the problem is that it is not a fix, and people want a fix. End of story. You can complain, debate the definition of a fix, or whatever... People won't change their minds. So just enjoy your 777, and let people do their thing in the forums.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest Phoenix_7

when you start FS it loads the default flight settings before you even get to the menu screenif you have another addon with custom varibles set as the default flight it will load those, this causes problemswith the original default flight set, you can load FS, select either 'Create a Flight' or 'Select a Flight' and continuethis will not be changedJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg