Sign in to follow this  
Guest jvanes

FS9 freezing when entering Cost Index

Guest pedroz

Same here it is a clear FMC issue.I experience that several times already doing also what is mentionned here.It seems that it happens on an already existing saved routeThanks Pedro

Guest JEH

I had a similar problem yesterday. On a short flight from KBOS to KJFK I decided to change my route by going direct to a waypoint further down the plan. After putting the waypoint in the correct order I pressed EXEC and that sent FS into pause. Also, I have as yet been unable to call up a flight plan made by FSBuild. When I put the correct name into CO ROUTE and try and activate it does not call up the plan. The saved plans works fine.???Thanks,John

Guest Retro165

>I had a similar problem yesterday. On a short flight from>KBOS to KJFK I decided to change my route by going direct to a>waypoint further down the plan. After putting the waypoint in>the correct order I pressed EXEC and that sent FS into pause.>>>Also, I have as yet been unable to call up a flight plan made>by FSBuild. When I put the correct name into CO ROUTE and try>and activate it does not call up the plan. The saved plans>works fine.>>???>>Thanks,>>John John:Here's what to do about the FSBUILD thing:First: Don't put anything in the Co Route, instead, choose the Flt plan request button, then in the new page look down bottom left and you will see a button for FS Flt plans. Hit the button and scroll through the list like you do for the PMDG FMC. Select the correct plan and your on your way>Bob

Guest mcd211255

Hi John,Since saving a the default cessa as suggested with engines off and electics and avionics on and then loading up either 200 or 300 and saving the problem disappeared with the input of cost index. I now load up the 200 or 300 as per suggestion and no promlem inputting anything into the CDU.MikeFTGBAV[http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/4969/phoenixps5ni.jpg]

Guest mcd211255

Hi,The B777 is fantastic but one little problem is that when I enter a value into the Cost Index line of the CDU either in VC or 2d the whole sim freezes CTD. I am using the Gold version.I have tried completing the PERF INIT page various ways round leaving the Cost Index to last or even completing first and always the same, it freezes (CTD. If I dont enter a value then everything completes on the PERF INIT screen and goes on to the Trust Limit page. A typical value I use is 80 or 100.Thanks.Mike[http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/4969/phoenixps5ni.jpg]

Guest pedroz

Hello:In my case:I request an existing SAVED route.I change the rwy as weather has changed and rwy is differentWhen entering in perf you normally put or request load....I have noticied for instance that if I do not put reserves FIRST then trying to put cost FREEZES fs9;in the contrary if you have some sort of "sequence" putting reserves first then Flightlevel and then cost t does not freezzIt can also freeze when putting additional waypoints, but it is never the same way. I am surprised that you can not replicate the problemI will cantinue to look for more precisionsPedro

Guest Knikolaes

>Hi John,>>Since saving a the default cessa as suggested with engines off>and electics and avionics on and then loading up either 200 or>300 and saving the problem disappeared with the input of cost>index. >>I now load up the 200 or 300 as per suggestion and no promlem>inputting anything into the CDU.>>Mike>>FTG>BAV>[http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/4969/phoenixps5ni.jpg] As suggested I also have the Default Cessna flight loaded -- but default entirely -- all on. Due to my using a lot of other PSS products as well as PMDG and others, I cannot and will not save th cessna wityh engines off.It isn't needed here anyway - that has nothing to do with the CDU issue. I also have had almost no problems with the routes or cost index. I have flown over 100 routes already and the only freeze I had was on that one route. Simply doing everything in a specific order was the answer. If you ave your default flight with engines off you'll cause issues in many other add-on aircraft in your hanger.Of course, if your hanger does not have any of the above mentioned publishers, then no problem -- still, I do not think the Cessna has anything to do with the CDU at all.PSS -- correct me if I am wrong on that?

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.