Sign in to follow this  
Guest BAW1085

Line through ILS identifier ?

Guest BAW1085

When tuned to an ILS receiver 09L EGLL I notice the Identifier in the PFD with Freq but it has a line through it. This happens Even when established on the GS what does this mean ?David Miles

David,From my 777 manual:"PFD Approach ReferenceDisplays the selected ILS identifier or frequency, approach front course, and ILS DME distance.If the tuned ILS frequencies disagree, the frequency turns amber with an amber horizontal line through it. If the approach courses in the ILS receivers disagree, the course turns amber with an amber horizontal line through it."Not sure exactly how to interpret this - do we need to enter the ILS freq. in NAV1 as well? I'll do a quick test and get back to you.Cheers,S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

OK, did a quick test. If you manually tune VOR L, VOR R and the ILS to the same freq and front course, the information turns white and the horizontal line goes away.Let's see if this happens automatically on an Autoland...Cheers,S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Guest BAW1085

Thanks Soren...seems we do the same things !! Have you seen the 777 flyin thread on BAV ?

No, I've only been reading here so far, but I'll head over there now ;-)S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.