Sign in to follow this  
Guest eatkins

PSS Support...Can you help? 777-300

Guest eatkins

I feel I am being left out..... and yes I have done a search..No one from PSS has answered my last posts on questions I have. I see a bunch of posts from other users saying it is a user problem....and only a few that has no problems. So I take it that there is a bug about. Too many having the same problems to be a user issue. 1. I do not go for the loading of a default plane to make this bird fly right. My Level D 767 has no problem and I would say that it is as complex as the 777-300 as far as addons go.2. The outside lights come on then go off....and come back on again.3. The LOC or G/S either does not work or the A/P hangs up or the LOC / G/S starts working then the G/S stops.4. The bobbing up and down.....Passengers make a mess when it does this...:) I have read a fix I am going to try I saw in a thread today.5. At 290 knots and FL-310 it flies nose up for some reason...Could it be a C/G problem?Look I am not bashing PSS I just want answers...This is my third or fourth PSS plane...I do not remember this many problems...Yes I know the planes have gotten more complex.If anyone could help (other than to tell me it is a user issue) please post in this thread...PSS Support....if you tell me you have checked into the problems above and know it is my fault...then could you help me fix what I am doing wrong?This birds looks great...I just want to fly her!

Guest NormanB

Eddie,>1. I do not go for the loading of a default plane to make this>bird fly right. There though lies the problem. With the default flight loaded we have a KNOWN set of variables. Outside of that we can guess all day.Nobody is saying do this every time, just once is enough.* Load the default flight (its under "Other")* Change to the triple 7* Save Flight.Next time you want the 777 simply choose whatever the saved flight was.

Eddie,- and all others with a dislike for the Cessna trick - you DO NOT have to do it every time you load the 777 (or other complicated add-ons). What is crucially important however, is that you let the FS9 Default flight remain just that, ie. the default Cessna at Seattle. So, if you have changed the FS9 default flight to something else for whatever fine reason, change it back to the Cessna at Seattle.Then quit FS9, fire it up again, select the default flight at Seattle, hit "Let's Fly". When you are in the cockpit of the Cessna on 34R, switch off the engine, but leave the Master and Avionics switches on - very important!Now change aircraft, select the 777 with/without VC, choose your favourite paint, hit "Fly now" and give the 777 some 20 seconds to settle before you continue. Then save this flight with an appropriate name like "My 777 at KSEA", but DO NOT make it the default flight.Quit FS9, restart and select your just saved flight, for me at least, this works flawlessly every time. I have then used that baseline saved situation to create other saved situation at my favourite airports, no problem wit them either.Whether will solve some of your other problems - only time will tell, but I have yet to experience any of the most often reported problems.HTH,S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Guest Daniel Pimentel

As one having none of the aforementioned problems, I can testify that what was said above me besides having the Cessna flight as your default is not needed. You do NOT need to LOAD the flight, as long as you have it set as default everything works properly.This applies for ALL other add-ons as well, as long as the default flight is set to that I get no odd problems.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest eatkins

Thanks guys for your help....Come to think of it I had to do it with the Level D 767...I have had it for so long I had forgotten that I did it. I will try it for s short hop tonight and let all of you know what happened.Thanks!

I had the problems described when I first installed the current 777 over the pre-release RC1. I uninstalled both RC1 and PSS 777, then re-installed PSS 777 in a clean state. Result is a much improved experience, with no lost navaids, etc. I didn't let the installer over-write my existing FSUIPC. I figured if I needed it I could install it easily later. So far the version I have works great.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest eatkins

Hi!I never installed the RC1 version. I have reinstalled...the released version.Now I did what was told me to do above...all systems worked this time the whole flight. ATL to ORD. The flipper thing still goes on. Not as bad as before...Very little on the way up. real bad on the way down and on approach I even got air sick..:)Acts like the A/P is fighting the aircraft??I am going to try the fix I read on next flight, maybe that will help.

Guest NormanB

>Acts like the A/P is fighting the aircraft??It will be because of CoG. A thread in the pas couple of days with posts from our own Eugene, covers this much better than I can.

Normanso I load default flight select PSS 777 then choose what airport I want to go to?thanksPatrick

Guest chriscp

Eddie,I just post for another problem and i was saying too:"I have seen a post about aircraft with nose up during cruise.Mine was doing so too.The problem comes from two parameters:- Speed too low- Too much fuel than necessary. If you enter using the setup the right fuel quantity (including reserve) you will see the difference.To know the necessary fuel quantity, you look at the FMC prog page seing how much fuel is left at the destination airport.If you programmed 2000kgs reserve, if there are 70000kgs you can subtract 68000kgs using the setup."Hope it helpsRegardsChristian P

Guest eatkins

Thanks!I will look at that next flight.Norman,Will a load manager be forth comming?And could some one look at the engine fans in flight.They look like wagon wheels turning. With the rest of the visual model looking so good, the fan spoil the looks..Thanks for your help Christian!

Guest NormanB

>Will a load manager be forth comming?Yes.>And could some one look at the engine fans in flight.I will show the modelmaker this thread - I personally think they look fine - but then I rarely look outside.

Guest eatkins

Norman,Please do not take my comment as a bash. I had both of your 2000 and 2002 models of the T7 and the fans looked great!I am off to general accounting to have them order the T7-LRF model.Guess my bonus will be small this year...:)

Guest eatkins

Well Just got the 777-200LRF.No Bobbing....But on approach with LOC/GS locked and autoland light lit. It seems the A/P is still tring to fight the aircraft. I do not think it is a C/G problem on approach....After touch down the plane went to the left.....??

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.