Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

Comms Radio tuning question, and a couple of others.

Guest sb55mv

Hi All.I have a few questions that I can't seem to reference from any of the manuals anywhere, and would be grateful of some answers to the following points please.(1) I was on Vatsim tonight, and when trying to join a given frequency I had difficulties selecting it.I was told to go to 119.25, and then 131.05, I could only seem to select whole numbers.(2) I take it that the 777 does not have the keyboard activation button that the Airbuses have, I used to be able to set a key, and after pressing it I could use my keyboard to enter details into the FMC, this saved a lot of mouse clicking all the time, and, we used to be able to copy over altitudes as well in the Airbuses, such as copying 330/FL250 from above to the next one down below, this saved us from entering the same details three or four times.(3) I have re-read the manual a few times so far, but couldn't find why I could not engage the FD switch when I started a saved flight, I had all power on etc, and even tried it after engine start up, but couldn't get it to engage for the life of me.any info would be greatly received.thanks,(((lovely hand flier by the way.)))

Guest NormanB

Steve,>I was told to go to 119.25, and then 131.05, I could only seem>to select whole numbers.That will most likely be down to the panel not being initialised. Check the other threads. I have to confess I've never ever seen this myself.>(2) I take it that the 777 does not have the keyboard>activation button that the Airbuses have, I used to be able toClick the lower right corner of the FMC to activate/deactivate.>engine start up, but couldn't get it to engage for the life of>me.See above :)

Guest sb55mv

Hi Norman.well, I got the FMC sorted, it's pretty much anywhere along the bottom of the black area where we enter speeds or alts etc, scratch pad if you like.but, I'm sorry to say that I'm still having the issue of the comm radio only tuning in 25's at a time. ie 25,50,75,100. I just can't seem to get it to tune in single / one digit numbers. I've been having to use the comm section of FS Nav to do it.I'd rather use the comm in the cockpit. I've looked / read / re-read and still don't see anything.sorry to be a nuisance.Steve,

I'm having a similiar experience. Comm radios will tune only in increments of 25 thousands, e.g.:trying to tune 117.770 will produce only 117.775, next freq down is 117.750 etc, etc whatever I try.Doesn't look like a panel initialization issue. I always start with the default Cessna then go to addon aircraft.Jim Harnes

Guest roastbeef

From my point this ok - the radio increments are .025 so. As a VATSIM ATC I

Guest sb55mv

any more on this Norman, we just can't seem to crack this nut.I have checked all my settings etc, and it's still the same.thanks,PS I tried it in the Cessna, then swapped planes, same thing.

Guest NormanB

Steve,Im currently in my Airbus which I have been for the past couple of days. Im due to land at 1143z and will fire up the 777 to confirm things with you.

Guest sb55mv

rgr Norman,safe landings.I can confirm by the way, I have just fired up the default flight again, but it's still the same, but, before I did this I turned off the cold and dark in the set-up option in the T7 settings, so, everything was on and running when I selected the T7 from loading the default flight.and I also checked my settings in FS9 too, all were okay, I even checked in FSUIPC's Comm/Nav frequency to make sure that the make increments in 50Hz box was not checked too, it wasn't.thanks,

Guest sb55mv

Hi John, Norman.Well, I am stumped as to what to do now. it's very very frustrating not knowing how to fix this.in fact, I can't remember when I had this problem before, not quite sure if I am correct, but, I do seem to think that there was something like this with one of the first releases of the A330/340 series.I have checked in my FSUIPC and FS9 settings etc, but all are set correctly.I don't know what to do now guy's, and more thoughts on this !thanks.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.